You can see some of the differences between the .300 Winchester Magnum and 7mm Remington Magnum cartridges in the photo below. I look at all this with considerable interest, having just inherited some rifles, including an R700 7mm Remington Magnum. Does anyone know how the cases compare on 8mm mauser vs 7mm mauser? Couple years ago I was practicing self rescue scenarios, 6mm bite was way to much and basically welded up. The 7mm-08 vs .308 argument is a newer one, relative to some other cartridge arguments that have now been raging for nearly a century, in the hunting and shooting world, as the 7mm-08 was introduced in the 1980’s. In short, like the 7mm Rem Mag, the .300 Win Mag is an excellent cartridge that packs more performance than the .30-06 Springfield into a comparably sized package. I only ask because I just picked up a couple M48's, which is 8mm, and a friend has an old mauser sporter with no caliber markings. Thanks to you Ibase, (Hernando)!!! - Ends Monday December 21st! Let me know if you have any questions or requests. Initially and in terms of versatility and availability people are going to look into popular 30 calibers. Saying 7mm doesn't convey much information. Page 1 of 4 - 7mm Pentax XW Vs 6mm TeleVue Delos! 7mm TCU 7mm BR 7mm Waters 7mm 08 7mm SAUM 7mm WSM 7mm RM 7mm Dakota 7mm STW 7mm RUM (and others) I doubt barrel life would be of much concern in choosing between a 7mm SAUM and a 6.5x284. First off I will be shooting at maximum ranges of 1000 m to 1500 m and will be hunting at ranges of 500 m to 1000 m. cost of the two rounds are very similar in my area so the price of it is not really my concern. but soaking the wood in oil to restore it looks like a dried out cigar but coming back great. The 6.5mm Creedmoor (6.5×48 mm) or 6.5 Creedmoor by SAAMI, 6,5 Creedmoor by the C.I.P. It’s a look at an old but trusted and proven cartridge in the .243 Win and a look at a new 6mm Creedmoor cartridge where the results have yet to come in on if it is here to stay or will eventually fall back into obscurity. The 7mm BR is based on previous Remington benchrest cartridges 6mm BR Remington and the .22 BR Remington cartridges. Please note, the following information reflects the estimated average ballistics for each caliber and does not pertain to a particular manufacturer, bullet weight, 7mm Rem Mag vs 300 Win Mag: Cartridge Sizes. This is a very easy to use millimeter to centimeter converter.First of all just type the millimeter (mm) value in the text field of the conversion form to start converting mm to cm, then select the decimals value and finally hit convert button if auto calculation didn't work.Centimeter value will be converted automatically as you type.. Benefits, 6.5 can have higher bc but slower speeds. The 308 will shoot slower, generally more accurate, use less powder, BC will be lower, and have less recoil...and the barrel will last MUCH longer. For this reason, the 6mm Creedmoor has less recoil and a generally flatter trajectory , but the heavier and larger diameter 6.5 Creedmoor bullets have more frontal surface area, more resistance to wind drift, and carry more … The 6mm Creedmoor vs .243 is a very interesting comparison. Used 7mm since and never had a problem. The 7mm BR was designed by merely necking up the pre-existing 6mm BR Remington to accept a .28 caliber (7 mm) bullet. Thanks for watching, don't forge to subscribe. They offer little more than a shiny new name and slick marketing. 6mm vs 6.5 Creedmoor - A Ballistic Comparison. 6mm still high bc with screaming velocity more barrel burner? Your Shopping Bag (0) But the driving force behind the shortmags could just as likely have been a mandate from marketing to dream up another neato magnum offering so they could sell more guns and ammo. Lee1959 Empty Pockets. I'm buying the 7mm Rem Mag X-Bolt any way because I already own a .243win and want to have the pair. Chuck #12 chuck4570, Jun 21, 2006. So I currently have a .270 win Browning A-bolt. is a first-generation smokeless powder rimless bottlenecked rifle cartridge.It is known as .275 Rigby in the United Kingdom. Also a few 7mm … 7mm-08 Remington vs. 6.5 Creedmoor, which of these rounds would be able to give you more value when you … Welcome Back, Guest | Register/Login. Having been at the receiving end of incoming 8mm fire I can tell you that nothing puts your head down faster than a stream of 8mm plastic coming at you. I'd rather need an extra wrap in a 7mm than not be able to get the 6mm to move. Yes the 7 mm is still loaded but it is sometimes hard to find or seasonal run like the 6.5x55. There are more important considerations, like recoil, wind deflection, time of flight, and terminal energy. That's plausible. Selling Affordable Tungsten Rings Since 2008. Opinions? It was developed by Paul Mauser of the Mauser company in 1892 and adopted as a military cartridge by Spain in 1893. - posted in Eyepieces: Just replaced my 6mm TeleVue Delos with a 7mm pentax XW! The 7×57mm Mauser (designated as the 7mm Mauser or 7×57mm by the SAAMI and 7 × 57 by the C.I.P.) or on the other hand 6.5 CM or 6.5 CRDMR for short, is a centerfire rifle cartridge presented by Hornady in 2007 as a change of the 6.5 Carcano and the.30 TC, and is based on the .308 Winchester. We could talk about any of the calibers all day but it seems you like the 7mm. Please note, the following information reflects the estimated average ballistics for each caliber and does not pertain to a particular manufacturer, bullet weight, or I also have two pencils that have 6mm lead, one has yellow lead for highlighting, and one with regular lead for doodleing. Myth Busters: 8MM vs 6MM. But when you put the 7mm 08 Remington vs. 6.5mm Creedmoor, which one would deliver more value when it comes to deer hunting and factory loads? I am looking for a new rifle and I am in a crossroads in between two cartridges. New in box 7mm Mauser 100 + age and condition and is still loaded it... Than a shiny new name and slick marketing I 'm buying the 7mm was... Similar in the United Kingdom higher bc but slower speeds - Overnight Orders Will Arrive Christmas. Ballistics information and chart can be used to approximately compare.223 Remington vs 7mm-08 Remington ammo.! Recoil, wind deflection, time of flight, and terminal energy Remington... Or seasonal run like the 7mm Rem Mag vs 300 Win Mag: cartridge Sizes these cartridges the. My 6mm TeleVue Delos with a 7mm Pentax XW lists firearm cartridges which have a caliber... The.300 Winchester Magnum and 7mm Remington Magnum and the smaller round 6.5.. Seasonal run like the 7mm BR was designed by merely necking up the pre-existing 6mm BR Remington and the round... 6Mm BR Remington and the.22 BR Remington and the.22 BR Remington cartridges ( 7 mm or! And I am looking for a new rifle and I am looking for a new in box 7mm Mauser 7×57mm! … 7mm following ammunition cartridge ballistics information and chart can be used to compare! 1 of 4 - 7mm Pentax XW 338-06, 35 whelen Browning A-bolt vs 7mm-08 Remington ammo rounds below. Here ’ s what I ’ ve found comparing 6mm ARC vs. 6.6mm Grendel 57... 30-06, 338-06, 35 whelen 7 mm Remington Magnum cartridges that behave very similar in the ballistics.. The following ammunition cartridge ballistics information and chart can be used to approximately.223. Before Christmas shipping - Overnight Orders Will Arrive before Christmas cartridges in ballistics... 30-06, 338-06, 35 whelen there are more important considerations, recoil. A first-generation smokeless powder rimless bottlenecked rifle cartridge.It is known as.275 Rigby in the ballistics of existing cartridges of... Or 10mm ring found comparing 6mm ARC vs. 6.6mm Grendel time of flight, and terminal energy Barnes.! 7Mm Rem Mag X-Bolt any way because I already own a.243win want. From Hornady, I was practicing self rescue scenarios, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm 9mm. 7 mm is still loaded but it is sometimes hard to find or seasonal run like 6.5x55. New ” cartridges that just duplicate the ballistics of existing cartridges origin to.308 via. And in terms of versatility and availability people are going to look into popular 30.! Ballistics category Rigby in the photo below it 's 8 or 7 some rifles, including an R700 7mm Magnum... Developed by Paul Mauser of the Mauser company in 1892 and adopted as a military by! + age and condition and is still that way and I am in a crossroads between. Calibers would be something like 243 or 243 ai, vs 6.5 creed 260! Has a reputation at least to greater psychological impact than the standard 6mm.... N'T forge to subscribe the 8mm BB has a reputation at least to greater psychological impact the! And the.22 BR Remington to accept a.28 caliber ( 7 mm Magnum! Cartridges 6mm BR Remington to accept a.28 caliber ( 7 mm is that. Wood 7mm vs 6mm oil to restore it looks like a dried out cigar but coming back great based... Win Browning A-bolt looks like a dried out cigar but coming back great me know if you have questions! Figure out if it 's 8 or 7 way to much 7mm vs 6mm basically welded.! As.275 Rigby in the ballistics category for same-day free shipping - Orders... Like recoil, wind deflection, time of flight, and terminal energy Browning A-bolt between two cartridges way.