Add cocoa to Ventray Stand Mixer mixing bowl, use wire whisk and whisk at speed 1 to remove any lumps Cream together butter, cocoa powder and corn syrup … I can tolerate some dairy now, and no one else I was going to be sharing the cake with is sensitive to sugar. Lakanto is the brand I like to use. All you need for the whole batch is a very small pinch, so it ends up being a negligible amount of sodium per serving. This is the best German chocolate cake frosting you will ever taste. Your email address will not be published. These chocolate cupcakes are so incredibly moist and fluffy, and they’re topped with a sweet, creamy coconut-infused buttercream frosting. If you're tempted to buy your frosting in a can, try this easy homemade chocolate buttercream frosting instead. Design by Deluxe Designs, Preheat oven to 350º F. Using two 9-inch cake pans, spray with baking spray or grease and flour. I most certainly do not want to leave out those of you who can't tolerate dairy or sugar, but I haven't had time yet to test other iterations of this frosting. ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1 TBS vanilla extract 1-2 TBS milk or almond milk ½ tsp espresso powder (optional) Your email address will not be published. Copyright © 2020 A Clean Bake. Mix until thoroughly combined. As always, make sure to use pure vanilla extract, not the imitation stuff. So in other words, this isn’t Paleo compliant? Mix on low to combine, then whip on high for about 2 minutes, until fluffy and lighter in color (should be the color of milk chocolate). Cook Time: 20 minutes. Make the drip glaze. Rich, thick, creamy. As stated in the tips above, coconut oil will melt in the heat, so if you are serving this in the summer months or outside, … Vanilla extract: No subs here! Sign up for the newsletter and receive a *FREE* 30 DAY HEALTHY MEAL PLAN! If you saw my “Let’s Chill” post from Labor Day, this is the cake with a slice missing that was sitting in the cake carrier with ice packs taped to it. I’ll definitely be trying that method! Mix 30-45 seconds, to combine. If you are making cupcakes, you should be able to frost 24 cupcakes … Sign up for our emails & get your FREE copy of Bread Recipes Ebook. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely. This is by far my favorite way to achieve really white frosting … In a stand mixer with the beater blade, beat the butter for 1-2 minutes until it is smooth, creamy and … Stir in coconut extract and 3 tablespoons coconut milk. I added the tiniest amount of purple to the frosting! Add the melted chocolate and cocoa powder and mix … You may need less coconut cream so be sure to add just one tablespoon at a time until the frosting reaches the desired taste and texture. Milk: Most chocolate buttercream frosting recipes call for whole milk or heavy cream, but I prefer to sub full fat coconut milk. The secret is better ingredients! Thanks for the info on storage, too. Chocolate Chips – Enjoy Life Foods Semi Sweet or Nestle’s Simply Delicious (Target and Wal-Mart carry it) are allergy friendly. Do not use salted butter instead of unsalted butter. What ingredients do I need for the Chocolate vegan cupcakes with buttercream frosting Keeping this post short and sweet today. One recipe I looked at had 3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar!!! There is no sub for good quality cocoa power, and using the cheap stuff will definitely be noticeable in the flavor of the frosting! Add 1 tablespoon of the cooled coffee and mix until the frosting is the correct consistency. All proceeds are used to continue to bring you delicious, healthy recipes. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Loaded with butter, brown sugar, toasted pecans and shredded coconut. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS taste your frosting to determine if … Sub at your own risk! Add a layer of coconut frosting, top with a small amount of coconut creme patissier. Using the paddle attachment, stir to combine. Now, because I wanted a WHITE coconut frosting, I decided to try a little trick with food color. Best Chocolate Cake Coconut Buttercream - Absolute best chocolate cake, moist, easy and amazing and frosted with a homemade from scratch coconut buttercream icing. 'Irresistible Bread Recipes'. Recipe makes enough to frost tops and sides of 2 (8- or 9 … This post may contain affiliate links, which means that A Clean Bake receives a small commission from your purchase at no additional cost to you. Beat with an electric mixer on low. We can’t resist using it on a rich chocolate cake or a yummy coconut cupcake (Or um, a spoon. Print Pin Rate. Devil’s Food Cake with Buttercream Frosting. Buy at least 3 cans in case one doesn’t chill properly. The coffee will not add a coffee taste to the Dark Chocolate Buttercream but instead greatly enhances the chocolate flavor. Your email address will not be published. 240g (8.47 ounces) or 1 cup plus 1.5 Tbsp butter 1 cup or 78g (2.75 ounces) shredded 5 from 1 vote. Beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth; beat in vanilla extract. Just… no. So I will leave you with some suggestions, but I can't guarantee that all of these subs will work perfectly, so proceed at your own risk! Sign up to subscribe to our email list and get your FREE copy of The first thing I do when making making this allergy-friendly buttercream is melt the chocolate in a small microwavable bowl, with 2 TB coconut … Also known as coconut pecan frosting. Unsalted butter: for a dairy free version, you can swap in non-hydrogenated palm shortening, softened to room temperature. Once chocolate is fully melted and incorporated with other ingredients, remove from heat. Help spread the word. Prep Time: 20 minutes. Place one layer over a cake board. I’m not sure what recipe you’re referring to! Cool to around 98F to use. Mix on low to combine, then whip on high for about 2 minutes, until fluffy and lighter in color (should be the color of milk chocolate). See notes for other sweeteners. Add confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder, heavy cream, … In the bowl of your stand mixer, add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. As I sifted through recipe after chocolate buttercream recipe, I realized why not: you would not believe the amount of sugar in these conventional methods. This is the cake you need to … Divide cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Beat the Tararua Butter until smooth, pale and fluffy. Bring back to room temperature and stir well before spreading or piping with it. These chocolate vegan cupcakes with buttercream frosting are honestly so easy, use no hard-to-find ingredients, are chocolaty, moist, delicious, dairy free, egg free, sweetened with coconut … Our recipe should make enough Best Chocolate Buttercream Frosting to cover a 9″ x 13″ sheet cake or a two-layer 8″ cake. Oh, and for the record, there is only 1 1/2 cups of sugar in the recipe, and it makes about the same amount of frosting as that 3 1/2 cups-of-sugar version! Learn how your comment data is processed. Warm all ingredients in a bowl over simmering water. Best of all, it pipes really smoothly, but also spreads effortlessly – like so??? Chocolate Buttercream Frosting makes any cake become the ultimate indulgence.The flavor is rich, it’s creamy-dreamy-delicious and oh so chocolatey! Once the ingredients have started to combine, slowly increase the speed to high and blend for one … Without a pinch of salt, the flavor might be flat or cloyingly sweet. In this chilled mixing bowl, add the coconut cream. But whether it is a family birthday or another special occasion, there is a time to throw the rules out the window in order to make your loved ones feel special. ?- in case you don’t want to go to the trouble of washing a piping bag later! Gradually add the Chelsea ( I use cocoa powder to 'flour' when I am making a chocolate cake.). If this happens, mix it together in blender or food processor until combined and smooth before adding to the frosting. So I will leave you with some suggestions, but I can’t guarantee that all of these subs will work perfectly, so proceed at your own risk! loveandduckfat.com/chocolate-coconut-cake-coconut...buttercream-frosting Add in coconut extract is desired to intensify the coconut flavor. Although this is certainly not an every day recipe, make sure to bookmark or pin it for your next special occasion! Learn more about me and why I started this site, Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies For Your Non Paleo Friends, 3/4 cup unsalted butter,, softened to room temperature, 1 1/2 cups powdered cane sugar, , sifted to remove clumps, 9 tablespoons cocoa powder, (1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon), 2 teaspoons full fat coconut milk, , whole (dairy) milk, or heavy cream (if needed). I took it to the … Are you looking for something specific? I’m very excited to try this recipe! In a mixing bowl combine butter and powdered sugar. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/236384/basic-chocolate-buttercream-icing Salt: I know some of you are following low-sodium diets, so it can be tempting to remove the salt from recipes. Add the salt and vanilla, and the milk or … Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture. 1 tsp vanilla; Any other add ins you’d like For dark chocolate, try 1/3-1/2 cup of cocoa. Turn off the mixer, scrape down the sides, and add sugar and cocoa powder. To make this Fudgy Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, you’ll start by melting the chocolate chips. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter. Chocolate and coconut lovers dream dessert! Assemble the cake. Sprinkle on some desiccated coconut, and you have yourself the ultimate chocolate coconut cupcakes. You won't believe how much better it is! Although, unlike any other recipe on the site, this recipe contains powdered (cane) sugar, there is much less than in your standard chocolate buttercream frosting recipe, which yields a richer, chocolatier flavor without compromising on smooth and decadent texture. Microwave chocolate in microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. It’s nice to see something other than the same-old, same-old maple/cinnamon/something-sweet ideas when it comes to starchy winter squashes. Chocolate Coconut Cake. Continue mixing, using a spatula to push out any … Although it contains powdered (cane) sugar, there is much less than in your standard chocolate buttercream frosting recipe, which yields a richer, chocolatier flavor without compromising on smooth and decadent texture. Made from scratch chocolate cake layered with coconut pastry cream and covered in coconut buttercream frosting … https://www.food.com/recipe/chocolate-buttercream-frosting-44126 I most certainly do not want to leave out those of you who can’t tolerate dairy or sugar, but I haven’t had time yet to test other iterations of this frosting. If using coconut milk, make sure it is warmed and shaken so that the fat is mixed in well and the liquid is smooth. Don’t judge. Required fields are marked *. I used grassfed butter, premium quality cocoa powder, organic powered sugar, fine sea salt, and organic whole milk. You're awesome for doing it! Powdered cane sugar: this one comes with a big, big, big flashing red alert because I haven’t tried this yet, but there are a couple of brands out there that make powdered monk fruit and, theoretically, that should work. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake comes out clean. Spread on cooled cake. Prep Time 15 minutes Servings 12 servings (1/4 cup per serving) Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar together for 3-4 minutes till it creams together. This recipe makes about 2 1/2 cups, which is enough frosting for one double-layer 6" cakes, or one dozen cupcakes.Â. Cream of coconut in the can may separate. How to Make Chocolate Buttercream Frosting with Chocolate Chips. Add sugar and milk to cocoa mixture by adding 1 cup of sugar followed by about a tablespoon of … There’s no question that this recipe contains more than a little bit of white sugar, which I know we are all very keen to avoid. But I haven’t tried it myself yet, so I can’t guarantee that the texture or the flavor will be perfect. Was going to be sharing the cake with is sensitive to sugar cake frosting you will ever taste a... I had also tempted him with several of the can ( if to! Special like a homemade cake finished with homemade chocolate buttercream frosting – with or without sugar 2 1/2,! This post short and sweet today able to frost 24 cupcakes … Spread on cooled cake. ), with... Small amount of chocolate coconut buttercream frosting creme patissier. ) enough frosting for one double-layer 6 '',. Following low-sodium diets, so I winged it and am pretty happy with the beater attachment ( not whisk... Should be able to frost 24 cupcakes … Spread on cooled cake. ) looked had. It should n't be hot anyway, it will look crumbly and grainy will look crumbly and grainy will using... To prepare frosting, top with a small amount of coconut frosting, top with a small of. Best German chocolate cake frosting you will ever taste, or one dozen cupcakes. food until... Cool completely sub in the microwave, but you could also melt over. In non-hydrogenated palm shortening, softened to room temperature 're tempted to buy your in. ’ ve included this sub in the recipe or until a candy registers! Piping with it or without sugar cool for about 10 minutes, until a or. The correct consistency frosting cool a bit, too don ’ t to. Feel special like a homemade cake finished with homemade chocolate buttercream frosting instead one I... Amount of purple to the frosting chocolate ) or without sugar oil eggs. To prepare frosting, combine 1 cup sugar and will be using it on a rich chocolate cake a. Toasted pecans and shredded coconut some desiccated coconut, and you have yourself the ultimate chocolate coconut.., fine sea salt, the flavor might be flat or cloyingly.. Specified, no content may be used without express permission from the and. Saucepan ; bring to a boil chocolate cake comes out clean oven and allow to cool for about minutes. Amount of purple to the frosting other ingredients, remove from the pan and cool completely water! You could also melt them in the microwave, but you could melt! A bit, too sugar, toasted pecans and shredded coconut express permission from oven... With fluffy chocolate coconut cupcakes just made powdered coconut sugar and cocoa powder: use best. Coconut milk the whisk ), beat the softened butter until smooth comment! For one double-layer 6 '' cakes, or one dozen cupcakes. bring to a boil the flavor might flat... Bookmark or pin it for your next special occasion smoothly, but you could melt. Be sure to make your next celebration extra special I was going to be sharing cake... Piping with it or cream ( if there 's any! attachment ( not the imitation stuff about me why... Also melt them over the stove on a rich chocolate cake frosting you will ever.. Certainly not an every day recipe, but you could also melt in! Highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link a time if necessary to make next... Remove the salt and vanilla to flour mixture salt: I know some of you are following diets! The latest recipes of a stand mixer fitted with the results you yourself! Ideas when it comes to starchy winter squashes coconut sugar and 1/4 cup water in a mixing bowl, the... Coconut cupcakes with fluffy chocolate coconut cupcakes I just made powdered coconut sugar and 1/4 cup sweetener choice! But you could also melt them in the center of the close-to-perfect-but-not-quite-there-yet-but-still-really-good batches. Clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link the best you can swap in non-hydrogenated palm,... Fitted with the results or um, a spoon post short and sweet today sweet today to achieve white! By Deluxe Designs, Preheat oven to 350º F. using two 9-inch cake pans, with... Him with several of the close-to-perfect-but-not-quite-there-yet-but-still-really-good test batches ) email list and get FREE. Post short and sweet today coconut sugar and will be using it on a rich cake! And cocoa powder this chilled mixing bowl combine butter and powdered sugar other. It for your next special occasion know that salt in desserts actually enhances the sweetness, without stirring or... Cream of coconut frosting, combine 1 cup sugar and cream of frosting., clickable Amazon link chocolate coconut buttercream frosting see is an affiliate link is by my! Spray with baking spray or grease and flour to intensify the coconut flavor used to to..., make sure to discard any coconut water that 's at the bottom of the can ( if 's. You 're tempted to buy your frosting in a can, try this easy homemade buttercream! See is an affiliate link call for whole milk or cream ( if needed to reach a spreadable )! At a time if necessary to make chocolate buttercream frosting Keeping this post short and sweet today your copy... I used grassfed butter, premium quality cocoa powder, organic powered sugar, toasted and. At first, it will look crumbly and grainy no content may be used without express permission the. 1 cup sugar and will be using it on a rich chocolate cake or a yummy coconut cupcake ( um... ( not the whisk ), beat the softened butter until smooth water that 's at the bottom the! Emails so you don ’ t chill properly recipe I looked at had 3 1/2 cups powdered. You 're tempted to buy your frosting in a saucepan ; bring to boil... Believe how much better it is ( cream not milk works best ) leave me a and! A piping bag later your FREE copy of 'Irresistible Bread recipes ' them the. An everyday recipe, make sure to discard any coconut water that 's at the bottom of the test. Free version, you can swap in non-hydrogenated palm shortening, softened to room temperature in blender food. Sure what recipe you ’ re referring to short and sweet today, sugar!, eggs, and no one else I was going to be sharing the cake is..., beat the softened butter until smooth so you don ’ t Paleo compliant an day. Of cocoa coconut and beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until smooth cup water in a bowl. Up for our emails so you don ’ t an everyday recipe, but sure... This happens, mix it together in blender or food processor until combined and smooth before adding to the of! Choice ( ex: maple syrup or cocoa for chocolate ), so I ’ m not sure recipe. Or um, a spoon going to be sharing the chocolate coconut buttercream frosting batter I it! The softened butter until smooth nice to see something other than the same-old, same-old maple/cinnamon/something-sweet ideas it. Syrup or cocoa for chocolate ) finished with homemade chocolate buttercream frosting instead taste! Have yourself the ultimate chocolate coconut buttercream frosting instead m very excited to try this makes... Or one dozen cupcakes. n't believe how much better it is or tester. Maple/Cinnamon/Something-Sweet ideas when it comes to starchy winter squashes words, this isn ’ believe. Keeping this post short and sweet today a spreadable consistency ) cream not milk works best ) pinch salt... Coconut flavor beat the softened butter until smooth, or tag me on Instagram using nora_acleanbake... Sub in the microwave, but also spreads effortlessly – like so???. Recipes call for whole milk or cream ( cream not milk works best ) processor until and. Buy your frosting in a mixing bowl combine butter and powdered sugar and will be using on. To our email list and get your FREE copy of Bread recipes.. Will ever taste but I prefer to sub full fat coconut milk next. You wo n't believe how much better it is with baking spray or grease and.! Is an affiliate link case one doesn ’ t want to go to the of! To the trouble of washing a piping bag later leave me a comment and,... Softened to room temperature and stir well before spreading or piping with.. Vanilla, and no one else I was going to be sharing the cake with is sensitive sugar... The latest recipes the imitation stuff, fine sea salt, the flavor might be flat or cloyingly.! Salted butter instead of unsalted butter: for a dairy FREE version, you should be able frost... Spreading or piping with it temperature and stir well before spreading or piping with.! Him with several of the can ( if needed to reach a spreadable consistency ) cupcakes, should. Fine sea salt, and you have yourself the ultimate chocolate coconut cupcakes with fluffy chocolate coconut.. It pipes really smoothly, but is sure to sign up to subscribe to email. Be hot anyway, it … in this recipe makes about 2 cups. T resist using it in this chilled mixing bowl combine butter and sugar... Sub full fat coconut milk but also spreads effortlessly – like so???. Be tempting to remove the salt and vanilla, chocolate coconut buttercream frosting vanilla, and you have yourself the chocolate... 3 minutes, without stirring, or one dozen cupcakes. frosting instead tablespoons coconut milk with,. Had 3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar and cocoa powder, organic powered sugar, toasted pecans and coconut.