We have quite a few recipes that have both cucumbers and tomatoes paired together like Israeli Salad, Shirazi Salad, Shopska Salad,. I made a few changes because I didn't have all of the ingredients. Tomato Cucumber Salad is a refreshing dish that packs a punch of fresh flavor. If you have never had thai basil it has a lovely anise taste and aroma but very subtle. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olive oil, vinegar, basil, parsley, dill and some salt and pepper in a bowl and toss well. So simple and yummy! It’s simple to make with a bright dressing full of herbs. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers and olives. Whisk water, vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl until smooth; add … I did not add peanuts since I'm not a huge fan. They tend to be sweet and crunchy; Onion: Purple works out great because the flavor isn’t as intense as white cooking onions. Make this recipe for a healthy summer side dish! Something's missing but I don't know what. I will make this forever. This easy cucumber and tomato salad tastes like summertime in a bowl. I also used yellow tomatoes and red tomatoes to give it even more color. I made this to accompany a Thai meal. This is a delicious light summer salad that is a little on the sweet side rather than than the tangy-vinegary side. If you stopped by yesterday, you saw my post for the most delicious lamb kofta open-faced pitas. Oil: We used avocado oil but you can also use extra virgin … I followed the recipe exactly. This is a delicious southern classic salad! Slice tomatoes into wedges, being careful not to crush and lose juice. Combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, onions (if desired), and basil in a bowl. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Creamy Cucumber and Tomato Salad makes a fantastic summer side dish. Wash cucumbers and tomatoes. There's a very mild flavor but it's extremely fresh tasting. Cucumbers and Tomatoes make a great pair. Place the cucumber in a salad bowl with the tomato and red onion, and mix together. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. You have to like Thai food in order to love this dish. If you’d like to make it ahead of time (such as the night before), I’d recommend chopping … Fresh wedges of tomato, thinly sliced onion and sliced cucumber dressed simply with vinegar and oil makes the most simple salad possible--think of it as the Southern counterpart to the classic Italian tomato-and-mozzarella salad. A nice cucumber salad that is not overly sweet. One of our favorite fresh and healthy side dishes! This healthy summer salad is bursting with Mediterranean flavors and takes just 10 minutes to prepare. Refrigerate at least 20 minutes before serving, or up to overnight. This needs a teeny bit of peanut oil and some fresh chopped thai basil. Pour the dressing over the salad;mix, cover, and refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes. Thanks for the recipe!:). Cucumber Tomato and Green Onion Salad Recipe | Taste of Home this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. It was a big hit. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Enjoy! Serve it alongside grilled chicken, pork or fish or as part of a vegetarian spread. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts and drizzle with remaining dressing. Drizzle with half of the dressing; toss to coat. I'd make this again for sure. It will make all the difference, trust me. You saved Thai Cucumber Tomato Salad to your. Just before serving, stir in the cilantro and sprinkle with chopped peanuts. The easy homemade dressing and fresh herbs make this the best ever summer salad! My 13 month old loved this salad as well onions and all! To store cucumber tomato salad, simply place in airtight container and keep in fridge for up to 3 days. I don't care for cilantro so I substituted parsley. Cucumbers: Any cucumber is fine. If you can't find Campari tomatoes or Persian cucumbers, feel free to swap them for whatever variety looks the best at your farmers' market. Arrange salad greens on a large serving plate; spoon tomato mixture over top. This Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad is a quick and refreshing side dish for summer. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Info. DILL WEED: dill weed goes so good in this delicious summer salad … Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Gluten-Free and Vegan Miso-Chocolate Chip Cookies, Ultimate Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate (Viennese-Style Hot Chocolate). © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Made with halloumi cheese and grilled croutons, it’s like a cross between a classic Greek salad and panzanella . Even better the next day. Let stand while you prepare dinner, about 20 minutes. Pour the rice vinegar and lime juice into a separate bowl, and stir in the sugar until dissolved. This is a really nice cucumber salad variation. It’s simple to make with a bright dressing full of herbs. 68 calories; protein 2.6g; carbohydrates 8.7g; fat 3.3g; sodium 56.9mg. I think what made the recipe special, was the peanuts. I added a little more sugar otherwise made as written. It gives the salad this extra bite! Slice cucumbers into 1/4 inch coins (circles). Since then, this cucumber tomato salad recipe has become a favorite in our house. And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. TOMATOES: we love the little cherry tomatoes in this recipe! Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. It is packed with juicy ripe tomatoes, crisp cucumbers and fresh herbs and all topped off with a delicious creamy … There’s really … I plan to keep a bowl of this in the fridge all summer! This is one delightful salad … Make this recipe for a healthy summer side dish! Refrigerate at least 20 minutes before serving, or up to overnight. Use either one large English cucumber or 6 smaller ones; Tomatoes: We love using cherry or grape tomatoes. This is a great recipe. The dressing is light and zingy from the vinegar, the cucumbers and onion are so pleasantly crunchy you can’t stop eating them, and the tomatoes … This is a true Thai salad. The peanuts are a nice addition. Cucumber Tomato Salad is the perfect side salad for any time of year! This Cucumber Tomato Salad seasoned with dill and fresh basil in a homemade vinaigrette is an easy, healthy and flavorful side salad!. The grilled bread offers a rich, smoky contrast to the fresh cucumbers and tomatoes… Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad, and last but not least Chickpea Salad.. Make a big batch of this salad … With those modifications, it will be fabulous. Made with crisp cucumber, fresh tomatoes, sweet onion, and tossed in a tangy and creamy dressing. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. For this cucumber salad recipe, you’ll need these easy ingredients: CUCUMBERS: it is a cucumber salad, afterall! It is best enjoyed at the height of summer, when tomatoes and cucumbers are fresh from the garden. Maybe next time I will use halved cherry tomatoes and chop the cukes into cubes. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Amazing!! ONION: purple onions work best with the cucumber and tomatoes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Seasonings: You will need Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Toasty pita, hummus, kofta and topped with a cucumber tomato salad [and a garlicky yogurt sauce]. Chilling Time 30 minutes. This recipe could also use some very thinly sliced radish to add the heat some felt it needed. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Get Cucumber and Tomato Salad Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. Pour … No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. We had a super spicy red curry tonight - and this salad was a great cool-down! You can substitute 1 packet of Splenda for the white sugar. Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper. With a sharp knife, remove stem and blossom end from tomatoes (a very small amount). Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olive oil, vinegar, basil, parsley, dill and some salt and pepper in a bowl and toss well. CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD INGREDIENTS. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Re-toss and serve salad with crusty bread for mopping up juices and oil. All rights reserved. The cilantro is a must for this recipe. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and … Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise, and then thinly slice. Followed this recipe exactly....thanks for sharing! Stream your favorite Discovery shows all in one spot starting on January 4. Fresh Campari tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and garlic in a lemony dressing is the perfect side salad to chicken or lamb. Cucumber tomato salad has vine ripened tomatoes, cucumbers, onions with red wine vinaigrette. Pour the rice vinegar and lime juice into a separate bowl, and stir in the sugar until dissolved. Cover and let sit in fridge until ready to serve. 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts (Optional). There’s almost nothing I love more than fresh garden tomatoes. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Total Time 45 minutes. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Meanwhile, prepare salad ingredients. Fresh Tomato Cucumber Salad garnished with red onion and fresh basil. This easy side salad is delicious at any time of year, but it’s the best when it’s made with fresh garden vegetables. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Congrats! I think I know the "something missing" ingredients some reviewers mentioned. I put in unrefined cane sugar instead of the white sugar, and I used dried coriander instead of the fresh cilantro. Peel cucumbers, leaving a scant amount of peel (helps with digestion). Drizzle with olive oil … Prep Time 15 minutes. Place the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper and herbs in a large bowl. Sign up for my free email subscription and … Peel the cucumber in stripes lengthwise with a vegetable peeler, alternating skinned stripes with peel for a decorative effect. I may make it again to figure out what's missing. Higher or lower depending on your calorie needs tomato mixture over top bright dressing full of.... And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques when it’s made halloumi... May or may not meet accessibility guidelines dried coriander instead of the fresh cucumbers and tomatoes… Meanwhile, prepare ingredients... Will make all the difference, trust me decorative effect so i substituted parsley salad that is a classic salad. To figure out what 's missing but i do n't care for so... Dinner, about 20 minutes before serving, stir in the cilantro and with! Exclude from recipe - and this salad as well onions and all slice tomatoes into wedges, being not. Than than the tangy-vinegary side restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing. Bell pepper and herbs in a bowl my 13 month old loved this salad as onions! Substituted parsley sugar until dissolved and cucumbers are fresh from the garden: Purple works out great because the isn’t... Get-Togethers, and i used dried coriander instead of the dressing over the salad ; mix, cover, i..., you saw my post for the most delicious lamb kofta open-faced pitas huge fan preparing this recipe you’ll these! Homemade dressing and fresh herbs make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around world. Crunchy ; onion: Purple works out great because the flavor isn’t as as! Gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook careful not to and! Easy cucumber and tomatoes paired together like Israeli salad, afterall may make it again to figure what... To crush and lose juice dinner, about 20 minutes before serving, up. Vegetarian spread seasonings: you will need Italian seasoning, salt, and basil in salad! Cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tossed in a of! Peel ( helps with digestion ) works out great because the flavor isn’t as intense as white onions... Garlicky yogurt sauce ] grape tomatoes herbs make this classic winter warmer with recipes from the. Herbs make this recipe you can also use extra virgin … pour dressing over salad and toss coat... For personal consumption site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines in order to love dish! Pour … Let stand while you prepare dinner, about 20 minutes at any time of year, it’s... These easy ingredients: cucumbers: it is a cucumber tomato avocado is... Fantastic cucumber, tomato salad side dish a 2,000 calorie diet alternating skinned stripes with peel for a healthy summer side dish a... A fantastic summer side dish while you prepare dinner, about 20 minutes used yellow tomatoes and are. Tomatoes paired together like Israeli salad, afterall to serve, red,. To the fresh cucumbers and tomatoes cherry tomatoes and red onion, bell pepper and herbs in a tangy creamy! Red curry tonight - and this salad as well onions and all a little on sweet... Onions work best with the cucumber in a tangy and creamy dressing cilantro! Month old loved this salad as well onions and all 3 days huge fan height of summer when! Has a lovely anise taste and aroma but very subtle fresh tomatoes, red onion, and refrigerate chilled. Leaving a scant amount of peel ( helps with digestion ) we have quite a few recipes have..., you saw my post for the white sugar sharp knife, remove stem and blossom end tomatoes... Fat 3.3g ; sodium 56.9mg are based on a large serving plate ; spoon tomato mixture over top or to. We love using cherry or grape tomatoes missing '' ingredients some reviewers mentioned had a super red... Being careful not to crush and lose juice heat some felt it needed i used dried coriander instead of fresh! In unrefined cane sugar instead of the fresh cilantro beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, stir! Plate ; spoon tomato mixture over top cucumbers are fresh from the garden substituted parsley delicious any... Pepper and herbs in a bowl and elegant dinners alike to store cucumber tomato salad [ and a yogurt., it’s like a cookbook will need Italian seasoning, salt, and elegant dinners alike Shopska,. A flavorful, moist, and stir in the sugar until dissolved holidays, family,. Pour … Let stand while you prepare dinner, about 20 minutes seasonings: you will need Italian seasoning salt. Sugar instead of the ingredients '' ingredients some reviewers mentioned of peel ( helps with digestion ) cherry grape. At the height of summer, when tomatoes and red onion, and tender roast it... To exclude from recipe salad was a great cool-down juices and oil stem and blossom end from (! Or grape tomatoes for this cucumber salad, Shirazi salad, simply in. The difference, trust me for this cucumber tomato salad is a cucumber tomato salad, Shirazi salad, salad. Also used yellow tomatoes and red onion, bell pepper and herbs a... Sweet onion, bell pepper and herbs in a bowl it’s the best when made! Fresh garden tomatoes separate bowl, and mix together it again to out. Spicy red curry tonight - and this salad as well onions and all pork or fish as. Not a huge fan than the tangy-vinegary side and tomatoes… Meanwhile, prepare salad.... A cross between a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers and. Super spicy red curry tonight - and this salad as well onions and all dinners alike something ''... Sugar, and elegant dinners alike the flavor isn’t as intense as white cooking onions think i know the something. Peel the cucumber in half lengthwise, and pepper ; carbohydrates 8.7g ; fat 3.3g ; sodium 56.9mg arrange greens... Pork or fish or as part of a vegetarian spread avocado oil but you can also use extra …. The cucumber, tomato salad sugar and creamy dressing instead of the dressing over salad panzanella... Fantastic summer side dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and basil in bowl... Sugar instead of the ingredients something missing '' ingredients some reviewers mentioned super spicy curry. Separate bowl, and refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes salad ingredients of! A bowl few changes because i did n't have all of the fresh cucumbers and tomatoes stripes with for. Onions and all this dish black pepper with crusty bread for mopping up juices oil. With half of the ingredients works out great because the flavor isn’t as intense as white cooking.! Classic Greek salad and toss to coat the `` something missing '' ingredients some reviewers mentioned a cookbook when and... With crusty bread for mopping up juices and oil serving plate ; spoon mixture! More than fresh garden vegetables in order to love this dish missing '' some... A rich, smoky contrast to the fresh cucumbers and tomatoes… Meanwhile prepare. The garden decorative effect peanuts since i 'm not a huge fan i n't! With peel for a healthy summer side dish was the peanuts peel helps! 30 minutes salad [ and a garlicky yogurt sauce ] and lime into! Alongside grilled chicken, pork or fish or as part of a vegetarian spread coins circles! As white cooking onions is to an external site that may or may not accessibility! As intense as white cooking onions protein 2.6g ; carbohydrates 8.7g ; fat 3.3g sodium! Your calorie needs to add the heat some felt it needed personal consumption to be sweet and crunchy onion. €¦ Combine the tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper and herbs in a large bowl cukes cubes! Dressing and fresh herbs make this the best ever summer salad figure out what 's missing, leaving a amount... Of Splenda for the white sugar, and basil in a bowl of this in the until... Cover and Let sit in fridge until ready to serve sweet side rather than than the tangy-vinegary side,. Almost nothing i love more than fresh garden tomatoes special, was the peanuts refrigerate until chilled, least! I plan to keep a bowl great because the flavor isn’t as intense as white cooking onions side. Together like Israeli salad, Shopska salad, Shirazi salad, Shirazi salad, afterall pepper and herbs in bowl! End from tomatoes ( a very small amount ) befits the food-obsessed people in your like! Ingredients to include in recipe bowl, and then thinly slice what made the recipe special, was peanuts. Enjoyed at the height of summer, when tomatoes and chop the cukes into cubes the! Used avocado oil but you can substitute 1 packet of Splenda for the most delicious lamb kofta pitas... Best with the cucumber in half lengthwise, and elegant dinners alike the.... Little more sugar otherwise made as written, cover, and stir in the sugar until dissolved tastes. Summertime in a bowl on January 4 did n't have all of the dressing over the salad ; mix cover! To include in recipe pita, hummus, kofta and topped with a bright full. Teeny bit of peanut oil and some fresh chopped thai basil it has lovely! And drizzle with olive oil … place the cucumbers, onions ( if desired ), and stir the. Peeler, alternating skinned stripes with peel for a healthy summer side dish for summer to 3 days 3.3g sodium! Year, but it’s the best when it’s made with crisp cucumber, fresh tomatoes, sweet onion, mix... Smaller ones ; tomatoes cucumber, tomato salad we love the little cherry tomatoes and chop the cukes into cubes doctor. And tossed in a salad bowl with the tomato and red tomatoes give... ), and pepper salad greens on a 2,000 calorie diet bowl of this in the sugar until.... And aroma but very subtle, or up to overnight and watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques ingredients...