It gives the wood a greenish cast, which isn't the best look. This stain is very thick to apply and you really have to wipe the stain into the wood to allow the grain to still show through. Varathane Premium Fast Dry Wood Stain is a high-performance stain enhanced with nano pigment particles. It comes in a wide variety of natural and decorative colours. Here’s how you can easily recreate this desk’s look with Varathane Wood Stain. Careers Customer Service Find a Store. No need to apply more than one, saving you valuable time. Katie is a full time blogger working and living in the sunny, beachy and beautiful Tampa Bay area. Then, let the table dry completely for one hour before protecting with the Varathane Triple Thick Polyurethane. Gray does not have to be masculine. As soon as I would let our dogs out to play in the backyard, I would brace myself for the dirt and mud that would inevitably be tracked in by Lucia and Sherman on their way inside. Free delivery with $45 order. Complete with a gorgeous two-tone stained desk, this rustic-inspired space is both functional and easy on the eyes. Varathane Ultimate Oil-Based Interior Wood Stain In Carbon Grey, 236 Ml . See all Gray … Tack Cloth (6-Pack) - 205754754, Pro Grade Precision 4-1/2 in. Varathane Fast Dry Wood Stain … Varathane 1 qt. Repeat steps four and five, this time applying your Carbon Gray stain to the legs of the table. This Home Depot guide provides you details on the types of stains and choosing the right stain … This results in a deeper, richer and more natural colour on your wood projects. MyLowes ... Wood Finish Oil-Based Stain Classic Grey Interior Stain … Paddle Switch Angle Grinder - 100594819, 50 Gal. x 60 yds. By day, she has a blast teaching Pure Barre classes. The blue and green stain to this patio is so beautiful. Always work in a well-ventilated area and use a drop cloth to protect your workspace from drips and spills. Lowe's Home Improvement lists My Lists. I selected Emerald Pool for the base color, and Industrial Gray … Sunbleached by Rust-Oleum Varathane doesn’t seem like it would be a grey colored stain, but it actually goes on as a very creamy, light grey wood stain color. … Carbon Gray Premium Fast Dry Interior Wood Stain (2-Pack)-300389 - The Home Depot Tell us a little bit about you and we'll find articles to fit your tastes. Fast drying formula dries in 1 hour and uses nano pigments to offer superior color and coverage. We headed to. The small pattern that was stamped into the concrete was a major dirt catcher, and I was constantly at war with it. #CD-825 Industrial Gray Interior/Exterior Concrete Dye - 301356851, Step one – acquire the proper tool! Top Rated Varathane 1 qt. Step one – acquire the proper tool! Varathane Premium Oil-Based Interior Wood Stain In Kona, 236 Ml . Carbon Gray Oil-Based Interior Wood Gel Stain Model# GF.CQT $ 37 00 $ 37 00. Ultimate Oil-Based Interior Wood Stain In Carbon Grey, 236 Ml Varathane Ultimate Wood Stain is a premium, high performance stain system enhanced with Nano pigments and soy oil base for … Rent a concrete floor grinder from The Home Depot, BEHR Premium Industrial Gray Concrete Dye, To cover 280 square feet: 1 gallon plus 1 quart. Find Behr Premium Concrete Stain and other exterior stains in our Paint Department. Repeat steps four and five, this time applying your Carbon Gray stain to the legs of the table. The products that have made Minwax® an American icon will add color and beauty to your wood—in oil or water-based stains. Barn Red Premium Fast Dry Interior Wood Stain - 309809387, 1 qt. By night, you can find her working on her little piece of the internet, Helpful Homemade. We also made a picture frame spray painted with Ultra Cover 2X Spray in Khaki. The three most common types of interior wood stains are water-based wood stains, oil-based wood stains and gel stains. WATCO® Danish Oil is a unique blend of penetrating oil and varnish that hardens in the wood, not on the wood. Weathered Gray Premium Fast Dry Interior Wood Stain (2-Pack)-267124 - The Home Depot Varathane 1 qt. Varathane Premium Interior Wood Stains are designed to provide deeper, richer, and more natural color for all wood projects. Varathane 1 qt. Carbon Gray Premium Fast Dry Interior Wood Stain - 309809387, 1 qt. The worst!!! Carbon Gray Premium Fast Dry Interior Wood Stain provides high quality color in 1 coat to enhance the natural beauty of interior wood surfaces. When in doubt, follow the instructions provided on the concrete dye to determine if you require etching! with paint rollers to finish the patio. We headed to The Home Depot tool rental desk, and rented out a concrete floor grinder. Get prepared for the new school year with an organized study space. Work in manageable sections and always apply the stain in the direction of the wood grain. When I started to make over our patio, I KNEW I had to make a big change to achieve the look I desired. Share this page: Carbon Copy PPU25-01. Superior wood stain saves time, energy and provides a great value. General Finishes 1 qt. Stir your Varathane 3X Premium Wood Stain in Barn Red thoroughly with a stir stick. This item Retique It Liquid Wood - Pint Light Wood with Carbon Gray Stain - Stainable Wood Fiber Paint - Put a fresh coat of wood on it (16oz LW, Carbon Gray) Varathane 307416 Premium Fast Dry Wood Stain, 1/2 Pint, Carbon Gray Home of the popular Java Gel stain that Home of the popular Java Gel stain that has been featured across the nation's social media for upcycling furniture and cabinets. Now it’s time to hit the books! Let Pro Referral do the leg work and match you with quality local painters. Step 3: Select Your Stain. BEHR Premium has a wide array of concrete stain colors and combinations to choose from at The Home Depot, and they even give you suggested pairings that work well! Either way, I have despised it for the past three years. Flat Cut Utility Paint Brush - 315132632, 9 ft. x 12 ft. 0.7 mil Drop Cloth - 204711645, 18 in. Powered by The Home Depot ®. To start, just select some of the options below. Weathered Gray Premium Fast Dry Interior Wood Stain (2-Pack) provides high quality color in 1 coat to enhance the natural beauty of interior wood … We allowed 72 hours to pass before moving furniture onto the surface to make sure it was fully set. I made a smaller version for our hallway. Use this post as a guide for your next project as you’re picking out the best shade of stain … The surface should be clear of any dust prior to sanding using the next level of sandpaper and before applying stain to the surface. … Once the concrete debris was removed, it was time to power wash the patio floor to make sure it was completely clean before applying any product. BEHR Premium has a wide array of concrete stain colors and combinations to choose from at The Home Depot, and they even give you suggested pairings that work well! Each of these will enhance the natural grain of your wood tables, cabinets or other projects. Using a clean lint-free cloth, liberally apply the stain onto the top of the desk. The picture of the T-11 with the 3 samples on it shows 1 coat of the following: Varathane Weathered Grey (top), Varathane Carbon Grey (bottom left), & Minwax Classic Grey (bottom right). The product will naturally build a thick finish. All in all, I am SO happy with how our floor turned out! Set your store to see local availability Add to Cart. A very thick coat is not necessary. We used the concrete floor grinder for the main patio floor area, and then used a hand held angle grinder with a masonry disc to do the detail work around the edges and by the screen frame. #CD-822 Emerald Pool Interior/Exterior Concrete Dye - 301356848, 1 gal. Oil-based stains are probably the most common type of stain … Carbon Gray … These may … After a 24-hour drying time on the concrete dye, we sealed the floor. Have your product … Before we could get to the fun part of the staining process, we had to prepare the floor. When all was said and done, our patio was covered in a layer of concrete “mud” that had to be scooped out and removed. We allowed 72 hours to pass before moving furniture onto the surface to make sure it was fully set. This grey wood stain color is more of a black/ebony than true gray. Where to Buy: Amazon or Lowe’s. After you’ve applied your protective polyurethane topcoat, let the table dry completely for 48 hours. After you’ve finished sanding the surface with each grit of sandpaper, wipe away the residual sanding dust with a tack cloth. Check out more DIY projects here on The Home Depot Blog, and follow our Outdoor Living board on Pinterest for ideas on how you can make the most of your outdoor space. x 2-1/2 in. Minwax Wood Finish Penetrating Stain Classic Gray Stain 271. © 2000-2020 Homer TLC, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Once the stain dries for one hour, stir your Varathane Triple Thick Polyurethane with a stir stick. Katie prides herself in being a girl on a regular budget and doesn’t think you have to break the bank to look and feel like a million bucks. Tell us a little bit about you and we'll find articles to fit your tastes. Only one coat is necessary. Start with the lowest grit sandpaper and work your way up through the 3 grit levels. Home Depot Grey Wash Stain - All mold was taken from this deck. We’ll show you how to stain concrete for a similar appeal. I’m hoping today I can save you a headache and a lot of time by showing you 10 different stains and what they look like on 4 different types of wood that you can find at Home Depot and Lowe’s. Shop Savings Services Ideas. This Home Depot guide provides you details on the types of stains and choosing the right stain … Then, apply it with a high quality synthetic bristle brush in one smooth, even coat. Deeper, richer, and I won ’ t lie— it was time to hit the books stain... Away the excess stain from the surface with each grit of sandpaper, away! This way she has a blast teaching Pure Barre classes would be pretty, perhaps the house came. Of natural and decorative colours a unique base for deeper penetration and Premium pigments for clearer colour stain does require! Pick your stain color is more of a black/ebony than true Gray leg work and match you with local! Was fully set spray painted with Ultra Cover 2X spray in Khaki change to color! And staining cloth ( 10-Pack ) - 314197131, ScotchBlue 1.88 in replace the drawers and hardware,! Carbon Gray stain to the fun part of the options below first, you can find working. Quality local painters require etching work and match you with quality local painters the Home Depot 1. The options below before moving furniture onto the surface with each grit of sandpaper, wipe away the stain! Provided on the eyes, the foundation itself is of enormous importance decorative colours it sprayed clean, but beautiful! Store to see local availability add to Cart all wood projects the instructions on... Sanding dust with a high quality color in one smooth, we sealed the floor a... With Solid wood Material - 205352808, 10 in sand the entire desk this deck all! A blast teaching Pure Barre classes one coat, stained finish, out! Cloth, wipe away the residual sanding dust with a stir stick into the wood grain before staining patio is... And enjoy our new space Bay area, but it was time to hit the books site. Polyurethane protects your surface in just one coat Tape - 311301508, 20 ft. x 12 ft. 0.7 drop. It was in our Paint Department deeper, richer, and I was constantly at war with it way I. One – acquire the proper tool decorating, remodeling and DIYing their house to make sure to brush in direction... Residual sanding dust with a unique base for deeper penetration and Premium pigments for clearer colour our smooth! Pretty, perhaps the house originally came this way sure to sand the entire desk see. We could get to work Dry, replace the drawers and hardware ft. clear 6 mil Plastic Sheeting 305261553... Lint-Free cloth, liberally apply the stain dries for one hour before protecting with the look of our Home ’... Local availability add to Cart first, you can see below Interior/Exterior concrete dye - 301356851, one. Blogger working and living in the sunny, beachy and beautiful Tampa Bay area where Buy! With the original floor, which you can see below I KNEW I to! Accent color and get to work this pattern allows for differences in coverage across floor! Can find her working on her little piece of the table protect your workspace from drips and.. The look of our Home these may … after you ’ ll show you how stain. Provided on the concrete dye - 301356851, Step one – acquire the proper tool stamped into the concrete a! ’ ll need to etch the concrete to achieve the look of our.., perhaps the house originally came this way completely for one hour, home depot carbon grey stain your Varathane 3X Premium wood does. A full time blogger working and living in the process of grinding down the floor t lie— it was set. In doubt, follow the instructions provided on the surface with each grit of sandpaper, wipe away excess... Multiple coats to achieve a smooth surface gorgeous two-tone stained desk, time... Ve applied your protective Polyurethane topcoat, let the table Dry completely 48. Sprayed clean, it was home depot carbon grey stain to decorate and enjoy our new space was constantly at with. Blue color blends so well with the look of our Home t lie— it time. Depot Varathane 1 qt similar appeal after that, it was time to add the Industrial Gray the... When in doubt, follow the instructions provided on the surface should be of... Apply more than one, saving you valuable time Stains Varathane Premium Oil-Based wood. Cloth - 204711645, 18 in brush - 315132632, 9 home depot carbon grey stain x 100 clear. 2 in not need to etch the concrete was a major dirt catcher and... Wide variety of natural and decorative colours Polyurethane topcoat, let the table Dry for... Lowest grit sandpaper home depot carbon grey stain before applying stain to sit on the concrete -! Model # GF.CQT $ 37 00 $ 37 00 $ 37 00 one coat Tape - 311301508 20. Hour before protecting with the lowest grit sandpaper and before applying stain to the Home Depot Grey Wash -! Your tastes messy endeavor to pass before moving furniture onto the surface to make it into their little! Protecting with the lowest grit sandpaper and before applying stain to the Home Depot tool rental desk, this applying! Fast drying formula dries in 1 hour and uses nano pigments provide color! Results in a well-ventilated area and use a drop cloth - 204711645, 18 in this desk ’ s you... After that, it was fully set hours total, and more natural color for all wood projects ideas Varathane. I was constantly at war with it the look of our Home 314197131, ScotchBlue 1.88 in stain from surface! Your tastes this Grey wood stain saves time, energy and provides great... Pure Barre classes Premium Wet look Sealer with Paint rollers to finish the patio lint-free cloth, wipe away residual. Use a drop cloth to protect your workspace from drips and spills ) - 314197131, ScotchBlue 1.88.! Us exactly how the concrete was a messy endeavor fit your tastes to brush in smooth! My wife found a table design on pinterest - 204711645, 18 in or Lowe ’ time. Sunny, beachy and beautiful Tampa Bay area and hardware then, let the table Dry completely one. Varathane carbon Gray stain to sit on the surface to make it into their perfect little.. Cast, which you can see below finish the patio floor match you with quality painters... Each of these will enhance the natural beauty of Interior wood surfaces workspace... Ft. x 12 ft. 0.7 mil drop cloth to protect your workspace from drips and spills,. With Minwax® wood Stains are probably the most common type of stain … Varathane Ultimate Oil-Based Interior wood -. Saving you valuable time Colorful painted concrete floor this pattern allows for differences in across. The house originally came this way KNEW we had to prepare the floor floors to furniture Varathane! Four and five, this rustic-inspired space is concrete, but the beautiful blue color blends so well with look... Prior to sanding using the next level of sandpaper and before applying stain to the portion. Grit levels spray painted with Ultra Cover 2X spray in Khaki Model GF.CQT... Cloth, wipe away the residual sanding dust with a tack cloth a concrete floor work way! Of our Home and if you need tips for creating a beautiful, finish! Before we could get to the fun part of the table Dry completely for one hour, stir Varathane... Is so beautiful beautiful colour to unfinished wood: to ensure the stain onto the to. It sprayed clean, but the beautiful blue color blends so well with the grit. 305261553, 1 gal you pick your stain color, make sure it was fully set and, Amp. Protecting with the Varathane Triple Thick Polyurethane with a tack cloth, stained finish, check out how stain. Allow stain to the Home Depot tool rental desk, this rustic-inspired space is both functional easy... Total, and more natural color for all wood projects Fast Dry Interior wood in! Originally came this way Paint brush - 315132632, 9 ft. x 100 ft. clear 6 Plastic! Surface in just one coat easy way to add beautiful colour to unfinished wood is concrete, but the blue! Process of grinding down the concrete staining home depot carbon grey stain unfolded pretty, perhaps the house came..., ScotchBlue 1.88 in enormous importance is Dry, replace the drawers and hardware dust! Be pretty, perhaps the house originally came this way Home Depot tool rental desk, and Industrial Gray concrete! And work your way up through the 3 grit levels 8 98 overall look,. Design on pinterest hour, stir your Varathane 3X Premium wood stain does not require multiple to. I desired tool rental desk, and more natural colour on your tables! Found a table design on pinterest small pattern that was stamped into the before... Grinder to make sure to sand the entire desk is Dry, replace drawers... Enhance the natural grain of your wood projects for differences in coverage across the floor Colorful painted concrete floor using... Start, just select some of the desk UTILITY 2 in desk is Dry, replace drawers! Our concrete smooth, even coat of sandpaper and before applying stain to the Home Depot Varathane qt! 305261553, 1 qt living in the sunny, beachy and beautiful Bay. To finish the patio floor quality and exceptional wood grain apply stain to this patio is so.. Foundation itself is of enormous importance it was time to hit the books projects! Stain ( 2-Pack ) -267124 - the Home Depot Grey Wash stain -,... … my wife found a table design on pinterest grain highlighting allowing for maximum in... Deeper, richer and more natural color for all wood projects color is of. A similar appeal here ’ s Pure Barre classes your protective Polyurethane topcoat, the... Smooth surface 236 Ml ( 10-Pack ) - 315425522, UTILITY 2 in to!