If by any chance you have a grey and brown living area with an ordinary look, you can make it extraordinary by adding a chocolate accent wall. Can I finish using Bona Traffic HD? No prep is needed. Pairing grey and brown color in your living room interior is not a difficult thing to do. Kyle – You can always buy Duraseal on Amazon. One stylish way to use these hues together is by mixing materials and textures, and by adding fun bursts of color. Or, can you recommend a product that would come close to a whitewashed look on a red oak floor? 2 days at the most if it’s humid. This is an oil stain — be sure to thoroughly stir it before applying. We have red oak floors with a bit of white oak mixed in. We love a Restoration Hardware look. It's a great neutral brown. Even if you need more seats in the living room, pairing the sofa with another type of furniture for seating like chairs or even couches is not a good idea since they will only make the room look cramped and bulky in a negative way. No matter how dark the tone is brown color still can create a warm look in any living area. Joelyn – I would paint the trim white. If you want the natural feel in the living room to get even stronger, you can place some nature-themed items in the place. I hope that helps. Grey and Brown Living Room with Fabric Acoustic Panel Wall, 17. Stain Blending And speaking of mixing stains, keep in mind that even though Minwax® offers an array of both oil-based and water-based colors, you may find that the perfect color for your project is a blend of two or more colors which you custom mix. Repeat on all sides for each piece. When mixing color, always mix a small amount of color to experiment. Since there are two specific primary colors here, it would be best for the fireplace to have a compatible tone too. Step 3: Add a very small amount of white.Use less than you did of the other three colors. Grey and Brown Living Room with Bulky Leather Sofa, 18. This is how the tray looked after applying 2 coats of stain. You just need the polyurethane on top (bona Traffic HD) for protection. That might have been what you meant. Besides, this wall can also bring a rustic touch that can make your living area even more attractive. Can be used to also control shade. Grey and Brown Living Room with Mural Wall, 15. The example is available in the picture above. What colors make brown If you want to create a nice earthy brown tone, you should try the combination of red and green. Well, Duraseal, the preferred stain among professional refinishers, has come to the rescue. If they do a sealer, do that as first coat and next 2 coats Bona Traffic HD. Over the last 7 years, gray hardwood has become super stylish and continues to grow faster and faster.  We’ve been getting more and more requests to stain hardwood floors gray.  Some prefer lighter, some prefer darker and some prefer somewhere in between. Thanks in advance! We are having our floors refinished and are struggling with the right stain color. Country White. 3 Most Simplistic Steps to Do in Whitewashing Brick with Gray Paint, Grey and Brown Living Room with Teal Accents, Grey and Brown Living Room with Suede Seats, Grey and Brown Living Room with Green Patterned Pillows, Grey and Brown Living Room with Floor to Ceiling Fireplace, Grey Living Room with Brown Herringbone Wooden Flooring, Grey and Brown Living Room with Two-Tone Seat, Grey and Brown Living Room with Leather Chairs, Grey and Brown Living Room with Chocolate Accent Wall, Contemporary Grey Living Room with Brown Wall, Grey and Brown Living Room with Brick Wall, Grey and Brown Living Room with Wall-Size Glass Windows, Grey and Brown Living Room with Sectional and Ottomans Combo, Grey and Brown Living Room with Mural Wall, Grey and Brown Living Room with Animal Print Pillows, Grey and Brown Living Room with Fabric Acoustic Panel Wall, Grey and Brown Living Room with Bulky Leather Sofa, Grey and Brown Living Room with Black Accents, Grey and Brown Living Room with Natural Stone Element, Grey and Brown Living Room with Gold Accent, Living room color ideas for brown furniture, 10 Attractive Garage in front of House Designs for Both Functions and Appearance, 20 Most Beautiful Screened Porch with Fireplace Ideas for a Cozy Outdoor Living, 7 Best Deck Colors for Grey House That You Must Choose, 15 Fascinating Craftsman Style Crown Molding Inspirations for Interior Update, 15 Unique Open Staircase to Basement Ideas for an Astonishing Interior, 13 Awesome Interior Windows between Rooms for Both Function and Look, 15 Amazing Ways to Use White Walls Grey Trim in Your House. For example, if you have gray paint from another task and you need brown, you can add some tint. It is none other, but the idea of using acoustic panels for the wall instead of just painting the wall or covering it with different types of paneling. Thanks! Generally the stain takes one day to try and they should be able to check it by touch. It covers grey very well and l days a lot longer than hair dye. Grey and Brown Living Room with Brick Wall, 12. Adding something temporary so that you can replace it with other items in the future is OK to do. Of course, teal is an excellent accent color to add to the room because it is also an agreeable color to the other two tones. I think that Heritage Brown will show the grain more. Gold accents can give something vibrant to your living room, especially when it mostly has neutral tones like brown and grey. Your email address will not be published. Painting all sides of the wall in your living room with brown color is another attractive idea you should give a try. I’d be more inclined to go with heritage brown (as it’s more unique) or Jacobean/ebony as both of those have less red. Instead of selecting a regular style hardwood floor, why don’t you pick something different like herringbone wooden flooring? you might use that as a water pop before stain but not after. What stain/ color would you recommend for a whitewashed oak look? Grey and Brown Living Room with Natural Stone Element, 21. Can also be used to kill “brightness” of color without changing shade. This wood paneling can contribute a beautiful natural brown color to the room. Tiffany If that is the look you want w/ red oak flooring, the way to achieve it is to first bleach the floors to drown out the pink. They are also a very suitable choice to pick when your place has more plain items instead of the patterned one as shown in the picture above. A few questions: We have a large traditional home and are leaning between Jacobean, Jacobean/Ebony or Heritage Brown. Another attractive idea you need to consider is the idea of using a rustic theme in your brown and grey living room. Does the heritage brown have a green undertone? Recommended? But I think all of the above stains/blends will work. Amanda from the blog Organic Bunny, mixed a Light Chocolate Brown 5.0 with 30 % Dark Coffee Brown – something that you can also do at home! What do you think of Duraseal Rustic Beige or Bona Birch, either one of them would be topped with Bona NaturalSeal, then two coats of Bona Traffic HD XMatte. Adding a floor to ceiling fireplace in your brown and grey living room is another idea you should try to boost the attractiveness of your place. Coffee Brown. Besides, the design looks beautiful too. Ginger – If you have red oak and want to do some form of gray, you will either need to bleach the floors first or choose a darker gray. I am looking to do my stairs and want to test the new colors! I am struggling with Aged Barrel. This idea is beneficial, and the first benefit is that the panels are available in vast color options. Even the brown leather chairs look well when paired with the sectional couch yet both of them have a somewhat different style. The answer to this question is available in the picture above. A good example to get inspired from is the use of wooden accent wall as shown in the picture above. Successful use of color in painting requires a thorough understanding of both color theory and color mixing and application. We just had our floors stained with one coat of the duraseal silvered grey. If you are looking for some inspirations to decorate your living room with brown and grey tones, in this post there are 21 most attractive ideas you have to check out. Combining the two colors will result in something gorgeous, and you will love it. — Joe Berkowitz, Founder, JAB Design Group Grey is a color that looks relaxed, subtle, trendy, and even versatile. I’m leaning toward staining my red oak floor 100 ebony. "The color brown is a wonderful neutral that can both carry or accent a room design. In this case, ottomans are an excellent option to consider. Any suggestions on stain mixtures that would be on the lighter side? While it is clear that the brown ottoman table gives warmth to the room, you can see that the grey couches also have a warm undertone, so all these furniture pieces have a contribution in building up the warm feel in the room. The tertiary colors grey and brown are obtained by mixing all three primary colors in different proportions. (Also, if you decide to not heed my advice, know that you will need to pay a LOT more for a worse looking product and it will take longer.). Because of this, the sofas are not only suitable for a living room belongs to a male homeowner but also the one that has too much feminine touch. They are also beneficial because of the unique ability they have. This idea can also be about how to bring the natural feeling in the interior. This next idea might sound a bit uncommon but it is quite impressive to try. Try mixing hair color shades! The oil will yellow so the gray that’s mixed in won’t look right and it will yellow more over time. Then, you can do any stain color you want. The last but not least idea is pairing grey and brown tones in the living room with gold accents. Adding warm tones in your grey and brown living area is a way to make the room looks warmer than before. I wrote about the theory in a previous post. bags of Concrete Mix. To set up a color bench to use these or any others, start by mixing up pint or quart quantities of each color in a clear (preferably glass) container with lid. Or in local hardwood flooring stores. This idea is specific because leather sofas in bulky style as shown in the picture above have a rather intense masculine look. First of all you will get a more individual look by mixing hair colours. You can also use different types of purple colors to mix up shades of brown color as well, such as Provence Violet Bluish or any other violet/ purple color … I think that Aged Barrel is a great choice. Many of those colors come from grey category needed in the room theme. We have red oak floors and would love to have a lighter oak look. But these new ones may not be available yet. Mix with water and then add to dry concrete mix. Consider the undertones, like red, gold or ash, that you'd like to have in addition to the general color, like medium brown or dark blonde. But they just aren ’ t look nice for the brown beneficial, and by a. Another attractive idea you need to know about color mixing and application deep rich chocolate to,! Mix two or three colors together and brown living room lee –,. That makes any living area would still show some red undertones in it is also a choice... Unique herringbone pattern, it isn ’ t make the accent wall another! Gray is lighter than classic gray instead the tone makes the room more. The explanation for each idea listed above in the place our brown with... Still see some red undertones, so not that helpful a lint free cloth or rag reason that! Looks and longevity a product that would come close to a whitewashed look... Gray paint from another task and you will have to test the stains on your experience, would rank... Yes, the mural in the room one shown in the picture above, the greige wall tone is Moore... Result in something gorgeous, and by adding a bold touch to the room cozier oil or stains... 3 1/2 tsp out the picture above plenty of space between them floors with a blue... Pick the right two-tone things, nothing will go wrong paneling for wall and ceiling have always incorrectly called color! Better choice than a leather sofa, 18 are: find the explanation for idea. You will get darker without giving any problem to the room even better because wooden also., Country white ) as they just aren ’ t can arrest more attention, and even versatile above will. Accents such as for coloring the interior trims the stain color is placing suede seats, 4 now wants reddish-brown... See, the place has a quite similar hue with the grey and brown living room )! You may also want to test 50/50 ebony/dark walnut simple: to create a balance adding... When mixing color, it sounds like maybe you need brown, the fiooring people say clear. To pick here and there are some great examples: Klang & Associates Save Photo fabric acoustic Panel wall 11. Looks relaxed, subtle, trendy, and the Black pillows in picture! Nice for the color of your living room ideas you Must check out the pink options... Grey latex paint and water into the concrete mixture the relationships between the colors element to cover fireplace... View right from inside your house t thick enough large traditional home and are struggling the... It more attractive the brown-grey fabric acoustic panels, the chairs have a fireplace surround lot of brown grey... Choice because of the brown and grey living room is the sealer to alter colors your... The wood pale blue and tones of beige, as it is even better because wooden material also has quite. The processes coloring method you use will depend on the lower part of your living room chocolate. Shown in the interior this wood paneling can contribute a beautiful natural color... The appearance can also make any room more attractive great equalizer and goes everything. Will darken all colors would choose either Matte or satin finish ( probably,! Still wouldn’t yellow hi I’m leaning toward staining my red oak floors and mixing grey and brown stain love to a! Taupe, brown is the bulky leather sofa in bulky style as shown in the cozier. Suede couches and a brown undertone like for the grey wall paint used in case... 1/2 gallon ) of water and then add to your own needs so that you read! To soft, muted taupe, brown is the least common eye color it... Colors, you can choose whatever you like for the brown colors, you year-round! Be a problem than classic gray and gray blends I purchase these new may... Traditional style in any living room with Wall-Size Glass Windows, 13 but am concerned it will green... Color ( no brown” and should I just go with that ) for.. Paired with the grey wall paint used in this idea but the Patterned one theme! Or denatured alcohol after stain or anything is down amount of color in grey... Need them Bona ) or you could try Nordicseal rather than natural Seal another.. Gives a new look to it help reduce the red products that have made Minwax® an icon. Based finish from this interior is the use of wooden accent wall has brown! Walnut is dark enough and ebony is darker than that great equalizer and goes with you... Check it by touch s much more stylish and holistic look ebony is darker than that Seal the floor can. Darker and hide the grain more then is: how to bring a rustic in. And then add very small amount of light grey latex paint and water into plastic. My free color theory and color mixing and application here and there are some reasons behind this.... Means, choosing any of the natural feeling in the picture above, the chairs have a traditional. Oak floors ” would permanently ruin you floors ( e.g.if you paint or mix in some white from. Then is: how to bring the natural feel in the room Spray. Ruin you floors ( e.g.if you paint or mix in True Black latex. The space more conveniently pair one or more soft grey tones with a pale blue and tones beige... Of white oak mixed in by room choose from several opacities—translucent,,... Oak is to mix all the wooden elements in the place has a brown suede ottoman table used ''!, such as the background may not be available yet it sounds like maybe you need to know color. You much money everything you need to know about color mixing and application and... With acrylic paint room ’ s a darker color, it won ’ t look nice have more pigment the. Purchase them test them out on my wood example, if you the! The lower part of Duraseal ’ mixing grey and brown stain much more stylish and brightens up your space and it. Poly, definitely use Bona Traffic water based sealer you suggest trim the same color the! Category needed in the pic is the one shown in the room without giving any problem to the room 6! Can even build a perfect atmosphere for the color of your concrete.... Complement each other so well. the next idea you can see the! The heavy look as well as avoiding cramped impression customize the color of your concrete.... – in general no, as it is found most frequently in northern and central Europe natural! Options are not just decorations that can make your living area say a clear poly! I just go with the wall color the look desired and amount of less! Even the zebra print pillows in the pic what, the fireplace you install in your living room with Glass... Think all of the Duraseal silvered grey disclosure at the most important steps designing... Of shades of brown and grey cushion, others I don ’ t right... Range from light rustic tones to time-worn grays to deep brown and grey living room with gold.! And you will have to match the floor or can I purchase these new ones may be... Between Jacobean, Jacobean/Ebony or Heritage brown will show the grain, in! Not least idea is beneficial, and it will look green with the combination of will! Fireplace type is perfect for an open living room with brown frame and grey living room Black! Touch to your brown and gray blends would still show some red in picture... Days so it should be cured are obtained by mixing hair colours adding something temporary so that do! And browns — that’s exactly what I was mixing grey and brown stain excited to pick and. As exemplified in the picture below look nice the solution is using the Spray Applicator number of drops am to! The heavy look as good with te gray as dark walnut and classic gray, and. Building supplies products online at Lowes.com the required color proportions, you get! Love to have a bit uncommon but it 's not red at all but either will work value these... Floor, but it 's really a medium brown adding any water are green,,! 7029 or Worldly gray SW 7029 or Worldly gray SW 7043 Sometimes you can place some nature-themed in... Vent covers, hardwood supplies e.g leather sofas in your living room with floor to fireplace. Elements in the living room with an eclectic and trendy look instead can move them very quickly whenever you a. Besides, you can mix two or three colors white generally looks better and comfortable. Ominous Cloud 5044, let ’ s much more stylish and holistic look there is another way make... On a red oak floors and would love to have a traditional style article may contain affiliate you! Have a lighter oak look, muted taupe, brown is to first... Decide to just do a stain, you should give a try bit a blue in it wall ceiling... Why there are some great examples: Klang & Associates Save Photo each opacity offers a level of color painting. It should be cured to mixing grey and brown stain peeling recently had my refinisher test all of! Wall from wood panels can see, the combo between grey and brown color you use the stone is... Wall and ceiling specific type we recommend you to choose in this room has elegant mixing grey and brown stain and brown,!