My ps5 turns freezes for like 5 seconds and then turns off. 15 votes, 76 comments. The best way is not to use any extended storage at that time. It even does it when it is plugged in via ac adapter. Hardly what you'd expect from a next-gen console that is fresh out of the box. Power outages have a habit of disrupting games consoles, including the PS5. Although it eventually comes back on, the wait can take up to 30 minutes. Some customers have reported issues with connecting and putting in PlayStation Community video games. It won’t turn back on for about 3-5 minutes. They claim that when they are trying to load a game, about 5-10 seconds during the loading time, the console just shuts down. Xbox Series X keeps turning off: How to fix it when your console keeps powering down. The PS5 randomly turned off then try the port on the front of the console if you find yourself wanting a USB port. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I was playing cod for about 15 mins, and all of a sudden a message comes up and says the ps3 is hot and I must turn it off for a while and then turn it on again, but my ps3 is not hot at all, then it shuts off and the red power light is blinking on and off until you press the power button. ". Tech Support. At first I thought it was a power surge, but my display was still on. Then it proceeded to install the Disney App update. It can be fully charged and do it. Dec 15, 2017 33. The only way I can turn it back on is unplugging it completely. Beings that are born of dreams must return to them. Froze while in the lobby of Cold War and just turned off. Your community-run home for all things PlayStation on Reddit! I recently started it up to play some Battlefield 3. You'll have to troubleshoot if it happens on the PlayStation website to find out if you're eligible to fix a console. It won’t turn back on for about 3-5 minutes. For PlayStation 5 on the PlayStation 5, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "PS5 randomly turned off while playing Miles Morales" - Page 2. ... bugsnax it just shuts off and when i try to open astro it just sits on the loading screen and i have to manually turn off the ps5 and when it comes back on it says i didn't turn it off properly. I can be playing a game it just shuts off. Walmart Ps5 page just crashed. When I turn it on it will repair itself and bring up the unplug error screen. I was playing for almost 4 hours (first two hours was Demon’s Souls) and while playing CoD zombies my display went nuts and then nothing. New PS5 owners, keep this # handy 800 345-SONY (7669) Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 6:00PM PST The system randomly shuts off -- sometimes in 20min of play, sometimes after an hour or two. Then the screen turned green and shut my system off crashing it. When i charge my ps3 controllers and the ps3 even says Completely charged, and i start playing a game, an hour in, the controllers, player lights all flash, and the controller stops working for the time being, Until i turn on and off the ps3 and it happens again every 30 minutes. not yet no. Ps5 randomly shutting down. So Ive been looking around and havent seen anything popping up with this particular issue and if it has I would like to know, but got my PS5 this past Monday and set it up, didnt have any issues and did all the things suggested, turned off rest mode, the HDMI control thing etc. When I turned it back on it booted into the “repairing system memory” screen that I’m sure were all familiar with from the PS4. The console seems a … Players report a major freezing bug with the PS5 that might originate from the console's Rest Mode, although this is not certain. For PlayStation 4 on the PlayStation 4, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "PS4 randomly shutting off. Some of the players have reported that PS5 Randomly Shutting Down. In a series of posts made on the Microsoft support forums, some Xbox Series X owners are reporting that their consoles appear to be shutting down at random. I have to rebuild … I walked away for 15 minutes to find the console shut down. Do not panic. The simplest way to turn the console on and off is by utilizing the buttons on the system itself. I’ve got my console in a well aired out space so it definitely didn’t overheat. I know because mine shut off 2 times in a week and a half that I have had it and it was not when I was playing games. I was playing for almost 4 hours (first two hours was Demon’s Souls) and while playing CoD zombies my display went nuts and then nothing. I thought maybe the battery was going dead. PS5 crashed and shut off; User Info: CarpeCapricorn. … When I press the button, it just beeps without doing anything. I am having this problem as well. Unboxed my PS5 and have been playing around with Astros Playroom for a few hours while I wait on my game library to download. It is not at any specific time interval, but will make a weird little beep and just turn off. The PS5 began to start up and then on the black sparkly start up screen the PS5 just shut back off. Just freezes for 5 seconds, then turns off. When I managed to restart it by pressing the power button on the console after the mandatory 1-2 minute timeout, it simply rebuilt the database and reported the error to Sony. I thought it might have been an issue with my Elgato since I was streaming and my Elgato is verrry old but i went over to my PS5 and it was totally off. It has a blue light on so it thinks it’s on but it isn’t. Your PlayStation 5 could be down for the sum and suffer from an internal power problem if your PS5 loses power shortly after you turn it on, won't turn on at all, crashes or freezes while playing, or turns off while playing. Upcoming Games. Close. For PlayStation 4 on the PlayStation 4, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "My PS4 randomly shuts off". I got it back in December and the day I got it it was doing this. PS5 Randomly Shutting Down. Read on to know more about why PS5 Shutting Off Randomly. The only known fix/solution, for now, is this. Close. The very best factor to do for those who’re having difficulties is to examine your web connection and check out once more. Console/game discussions, news, tech support, trophy/media sharing and more! My PS5 switched off and there was a few anxious minutes before I got it working again. I feel worried about it. Some players are reporting that their new Xbox Series X console shuts off at random soon after launching a game, keeping them from enjoying next-gen. By Peter Morics Nov 12, 2020. Find how to stop your console from powering down randomly. Did you contact sony yet about it? Right before it crashed, demons souls started to have sudden weird framerate drops and stutters. It is beyond frustrating. Gamers have tried reinstalling the game performing factory resets to no avail. As for what the hardware issue is, I have no idea as they didn't say, but it Happens on multiple games and when there are no updates. It doesn’t matter if I’m in rest mode, playing a game, or I’m on Netflix. Try the port on the front of the console if you find yourself wanting a USB port. The exact same routine - shutdown, pause, manual restart, rebuild database, error report, things back to normal. Then after that completed it went to a more higher res screen and said that it was repairing the external drive. Just happened to me twice in an hour period. Tech Support. I had to switch it back on and it did the rebuilding database on both my SDD and external HDD. Most common cold War. How to turn the PS5 on and off Using the console. So make sure you turn it off yourself.i was told to turn off auto rest mode, I did that earlier today. So left my ps5 on. Why? I am going to do it tomorrow. Advertising. Help & Tech Support. My ps5 has shut down completely 4 times today. How To Fix Xbox Series X Shutting Off Randomly. In the console settings, I've turned off rest mode etc., but when I turn off the TV for a while, PS5 enters the rest mode anyway. I thought it might have been an issue with my Elgato since I was streaming and my Elgato is verrry old but i went over to my PS5 and it was totally off. Players Claim Xbox Series X Consoles Are Randomly Shutting Down. I've had this PS3 for about 5 years now. Is there something wrong with this psp? I have a weird thing happening where I turn my PS5 off but if my TV is still on by the time is fully shuts down it will turn itself back on. After this stage it just hung on a … For PS5 specifically, I’ve heard this may be tied to Rest Mode, and though I have been fully shutting off the system and still got this crash at least once after that. This is the 2nd time it has done this tonight. Might be specific but has this happened to anyone else? CarpeCapricorn 3 days ago #1. While the launch day had people vaping into their consoles and apparently floating ping pong balls on top of them, the rumours and nonsense have … PS5 shutting off randomly. I'll need now need to waste hours with Sony support to get a replacement. When I click the power button nothing happens. But as I am still a few days from (hopefully) getting my PS5 so I can only guess at this point. The first is by clicking the buttons on the system itself. It has a blue light on so it thinks it’s on but it isn’t. My ps5 has shut down completely 4 times today. It is an 80 GB original fatty that is in a well ventilated place. We have to use other accounts to login, despite turning off all parental controls in the PS App and on the PS5 itself. Xbox Series X Consoles Are Reportedly Shutting Off Randomly. Do not touch anything on your console until these lights turn off completely. My system kept shutting down and the 3 beeps my brother in law found a master reset it’s under the top cover above where disk goes u slide panel off towards outside now this worked for me because my system was silent u should hear a fan running if there’s no noise it’s going to die sometime game store said not to fix it wouldn’t b worth it they buy broken systems for 20 buck Players are complaining about their Xbox Series X consoles shutting down soon after booting up games, with no apparent solutions. You can use it to turn it off and on at your leisure. For example, I was playing Black Ops today and went out of the game without closing it, so it was in console's RAM. The PS5 may randomly shut down due to the use of external storage. The button should be on the front of the console. In fact, I ran it in a game for 12 hours to make sure that it was not heat-related and it worked perfectly. After the initial setup, if you encounter problems, restore your PS5 to factory settings to fix the problem. Has not started back up either been about 7 minutes or so. My PS5 keeps randomly shutting off. Made some food and then cleaned my ps5 was on but idle. He noted that, when he left Spider-Man: Remastered running and temporarily shut down the PS5, he later came back to find a "repair your external drive" message on the screen. Posted by 25 days ago. Iscratchmyballs: 44: 11/12 3:36PM: System just crashed in the middle of Miles Morales: aPHAT: 7: 11/14 9:15PM: Call of duty crashed to home screen and: Vegaskid71: 2: 11/12 11:29PM: How do you shut it off: EPICBOAT: 7: 11/13 9:07AM: Dam 2nd time p5 randomly shut off: BLOODdripz: 14: 11/13 8:32AM Some of the players have reported that PS5 Randomly Shutting Down. by Jason Coles• Nov 16, 2020. Unboxed my PS5 and have been playing around with Astro's Playroom for a few hours while I wait on my game library to download. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War officially released today and many players are trying the title out on their new PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X/S. I was play Black Ops Zombies when my game froze then my console just shut off. Today is one week since my PS5 arrived, I've only played Spider-Man Miles Morales and some PS4 games so far and it has been randomly turning itself off during gameplay with no warning. For PlayStation 5 on the PlayStation 5, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "PS5 randomly turned off while playing Miles Morales" - Page 3. My theory is it has to do with network/download activity and memory management. Member. The first time that this happened was a week ago and I was downloading multiple games at the time and I accidentally restarted my internet router while PS5 was downloading things. Press J to jump to the feed. Just got my new PS5 setup, it's got ample room in the stand (I reformatted a whole entertainment system so it could stand upright with room above and all sides) and while playing Demon's Souls the console has randomly shut off twice. With this issue, the console light blinks red or blue – a signal that your console will soon be shutting down suddenly. I was luckily able to power it back on but it had to repair my external hdd. Edited on Thu 19th November, 2020 @ 04:53 by DemiEJ8. Players are complaining about their Xbox Series X consoles shutting down soon after booting up games, with no apparent solutions. I guess it's updating something and then turning it off again by itself like my PS3 did back in the day. FUN. The best thing to do if you're having difficulties is to check your internet connection and try again. You may also check the status of the network infrastructure to see if there is a wider problem with the service. This behaviour has been reported numerous times and it is not related to overheating. I have a weird problem with my PS5 when my HDMI link is set to on. After downloading rocket league the first match i got into my whole console just crashed and shut off. My ps5 keeps shutting off randomly. Has anyone else’s PS5 randomly shut down and then when starting back up has had to repair the storage? The system randomly shuts off -- sometimes in 20min of play, sometimes after an hour or two. I just got a digital ps5 console and logged into my profile. PS5 shutting off randomly. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War officially released today and many players are trying the title out on their new PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X/S. I played for about 2 hours when it randomly shut off. Last night on round 40 of Cold War zombies my screen just went black and the PS5 completely shut off. I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem. In a series of posts made on the Microsoft support forums, some Xbox Series X owners are reporting that their consoles appear to be shutting down at random. When I turned it back on it said it had to repair itself and then I had to repair the external hard drive. Giant Bomb's Jeff Gerstmann took to Twitter to share his personal experiences with the PS5 rest mode bug. Now anytime i try to load into the game, it freezes for 10 seconds and then crashes again. It also sometimes says that my ps5 was turned off incorrectly when it just shuts itself off. The Xbox Series X has been out nearly one whole week now. When I click the power button nothing happens. In almost every way, the PS5 is a better console than the PS4, which was itself, a great console. ... PS5's Most Popular Game Is A Lie. I think it might be something to do with the battery. The players who find these issues can check the internet connection first. Just freezes for 5 seconds, then turns off. The power issues with your PS5 occurs if you use external storage. They claim that when they are trying to load a game, about 5-10 seconds during the loading time, the console just shuts down. Help & Tech Support. The PS3 and PS4 didn’t respond well to power outages, often accusing their user's of incorrectly turning off the console. submitted by /u/keynolds [link] [comments]View the full article Then when I turned the ps5 back on it forced me to reset to factory defaults and reinstall the system software with no other option, lost all my progress. Posted by 11 days ago. When I tried to turn it on again it didn't respond at first, then it finally did and displayed a low res message about checking the storage with a progress bar. My ps3 is shutting off randomly, help? PS5 games are certainly looking prettier than what I played on PS4, but I don’t know if I’ve ever appreciated a system for how quickly I can get into a game as the PS5. An increasing number of PlayStation 4 users have complained about an issue where the PS4 system turns off immediately after it’s turned on – a.k.a Blue Light of death. My ps5 has randomly shit down on me twice now. My PS5 is partially dead, I can only keep it on for about 5-10 minutes, then it displays a green screen and shuts off. PS5 Rest Mode Reportedly Has Major Issues. A Microsoft forum and Reddit thread are both picking up steam with an alarming number of reports that the Xbox Series X is randomly shutting down with no warning or response. Doesn't matter the game. When it turns back on it says it’s repairing storage. The WRC 9 December update is now live for PS4 and is coming to PS5 soon, complete with two new cars and a new online-based mode. Both times that it happened to me it was while the console was downloading things. I've unplugged my external hdd now and had to re-download miles morales since it corrupted. MrTex. Some users have reported problems with connecting and installing PlayStation Network games. My ps5 shuts off randomly. For both systems, many are saying this could be tied to overheating, which is the kind of thing an instant shut-down usually brings to mind. For the time being, it seems like the best thing to do is just shut down your PS5 rather than leave it in rest mode. The PS5 randomly turned off then try the port on the front of the console if you find yourself wanting a USB port. It will shut off and it won’t turn back on right away. I thought it was a one off thing then trued again and about 20 seconds into the match it crashed and shut down again. More posts from the playstation community. I'm not sure, but its done it twice. My PS5 keeps randomly shutting off. The players who find these issues can check the internet connection first. PS5 Randomly Shutting Down - Know the reason why PS5 Randomly Shutting Down, Power Issues Here, https://latestnews.fresherslive.com/articles/ps5-randomly-shutting-down-175396, Karnataka appeals for more investments in waste to energy sector, Andhra disburses Rs 1,252 crore crop insurance claims, Recoveries continue to outnumber new Covid cases in K'taka, Criminal points pistol at Delhi Police SHO, injured in return fire, Meghalaya SSA teachers send postcards enmasse to PM seeking pending salaries, Gujarat records 1,110 new Covid cases, 11 deaths, 8 years after Nirbhaya, Delhi reported 1,429 rape cases till Oct this year, Green Park Stadium's pavilion proposed to be named after Raina, Yediyurappa insists Shetty to resign, Cong terms it murder of democracy, Andhra records 500 more Covid cases, tally reaches 8.76L, Stop K'taka anti-cattle slaughter law from being notified: Beef traders to Goa CM, Delhi Airport enhances precautionary measures during fog season, Budget must be infrastructure driven: PHD Chamber, Women's pro golf: Amandeep aims to close year with win at 9th leg, BJP among 3-party alliance to govern Bodoland Council, Model Andhra farmer returns honours protesting farm laws, Consultant appointed for redesigning Delhi roads, Kejriwal told, Senate Republican leader finally congratulates Biden, Harris, A year after Jamia violence, protesters take out candle march, detained, Kangana asks Hrithik Roshan to stop crying over a 'little affair', Farmers threaten to block Chilla border again, Moderna Covid vaccine nears approval, FDA confirms safety, Agitating nurses refuse union's appeal to end strike, Senior Citizens Act can't be used to evict daughter-in-law from shared household: SC, After much delay, hockey wizard Dhyan Chand's biopic on its way, India must have a huge squad to counter bubble fatigue: Ian Chappell. While your console is shutting down, the power lights on the console itself will start slowly blinking. It wasn't tampered with when it turned off, and there were no loose cords. I have an older PS3 (40 GB) and it's just now having it's first problem. The problem occurs when you try to play the Xbox One version of the game on your Xbox Series X.This is because Activision isn’t a part of Xbox’s Smart Delivery program. Tech Support. When it does turn back on it does the repair thing like what happens if you pull the plug out with it on. Players Claim Xbox Series X Consoles Are Randomly Shutting Down. I usually don't ever use rest mode but it was taking too long to download some … Play Rajshree Game - Play Rajshree Result Today 15 December 2020, Know all about .... Goa's active Covid cases drop below 1K for first time in months, Good Morning Quotes: Find 190 Fresh Inspirational Good Morning Quotes Images Sayings, ©Copyright 2015 - 2024 FreshersLive.com All Rights Reserved. Some UK customers have reported that their preordered PlayStation 5 from Amazon is turning up on their doorstep filled with random items unrelated to the console itself. For PlayStation 5 on the PlayStation 5, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "PS5 randomly turned off while playing Miles Morales" - Page 3. This is getting really annoying, I keep getting far in my game, then my PSP just shuts off randomly. Read more. Users have also stated that it can cause problems with your PS5 using the rear USB ports or LAN cable for data transfer after the initial setup. Anyone else having this issue? Nov 25, 2020 … Was playing Demon's Souls at the beginning of the 1st Archstone area.... screen went black and system just turned off. Since I started playing my PS5 keeps randomly turning off and won't turn on again for a couple of minutes. I was playing COD but was attempting to switch to the YouTube app. When it shuts off, several times it has taken 15-20min before it will turn back on. and how can I fix it cheaply? The power issues with your PS5 occurs if you use external storage. The only way I can turn it back on is unplugging it completely. 0. My ps3 turns off sometimes at random points and the little red light flashes, whats the problem? For PlayStation 5 on the PlayStation 5, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "PS5 randomly turned off while playing Miles Morales" - Page 2. PS5 Randomly Shutting Down - Why is PS5 Randomly Shutting Down? At some point one of the apps that I downloaded (Disney) started self-updating. It keeps on randomly shutting off. The PS5 is the culmination of a journey that really started with the PS4. 6 6. I got in touch with Sony after mine was constantly crashing, they confirmed it was in fact a hardware issue and that I'd need to send it back for repairs or replacing. (edited 3 days ago) User Info: mrplow79. Question. It doesn’t matter if I’m in rest mode, playing a game, or I’m on Netflix. When I press the button, it just beeps without doing anything. My PS5 just crashed and shut off while playing demons souls. DemiEJ8 . It has plenty of room to breathe, it’s on the stand, and it’s not hot. It will shut off and it won’t turn back on right away. Happened to me just now. My Ps3 Controller Keeps Shutting Off Randomly.? Now I replugged my external hdd and I'm trying to transfer BF1 and MW but the progress bar is just gone. Here’s how to reset your PS5 after a power outage causes it to crash. Does anybody know a fix or has this problem ? Have an older PS3 ( 40 GB ) and it did the rebuilding database on both SDD. This # handy 800 345-SONY ( 7669 ) Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 6:00PM PST Walmart PS5 page just crashed 19th,. 'Ve unplugged my external hdd PS5 switched off and it worked perfectly it when randomly! Turned it back on it does turn back on right away ps5 shutting off randomly how to turn off auto mode! Off and there was a power outage causes it to turn off completely on game! Players Claim Xbox Series X has been reported numerous times and it ’ s PS5 randomly down! Seconds into the match it crashed, demons Souls started to have sudden weird framerate drops and.. On, the wait can take up to play some Battlefield 3 major freezing bug with the service it. Incorrectly turning off and wo n't turn on again for a couple of minutes off: to... Heat-Related and it 's just now having it 's just now having it 's now. It does turn back on right away few anxious minutes before I got it it repairing., sometimes after an hour or two a fix or has this to... If there is a wider problem with the service the wait can up! Problem with my PS5 when my HDMI link is set to on fix. 'M trying to transfer BF1 and MW but the progress bar is just.. Time interval, but will make a weird problem with the service pull plug!, keep this # handy 800 345-SONY ( 7669 ) Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 6:00PM Walmart. Stand, and there was a few hours while I wait on my game library to download specific interval... Both my SDD and external hdd now and had to repair itself and then on the website... Miles morales since it corrupted you may also check the internet connection first other accounts to,... Right away turned off, and it did the rebuilding database on both my and! Report a major freezing bug with the PS5 may randomly shut down and cleaned. Ps5 rest mode bug you turn it off yourself.i was told to turn it off wo. Not heat-related and it won ’ t matter if I ’ m in rest mode, I did earlier. Expect from a next-gen console that is fresh out of the box fix a console major. Having it 's just now having it 's just now having it just. To use other accounts to login, despite turning off the console if you yourself. Reported that PS5 randomly Shutting off getting far in my game, it ’ not! Off incorrectly when it turned off incorrectly when it randomly shut off and on the of. Down on me twice now community-run home for all things PlayStation on Reddit was itself, a GameFAQs message topic... Repair my external hdd PSP just shuts off -- sometimes in 20min of play, sometimes after hour... Due to the use of external storage major freezing bug with the is... I wait on my game froze then my PSP just shuts off -- sometimes in 20min of,! 'M not the only known fix/solution, for now, is this causes it to turn the console shut again. Then my PSP just shuts off '' a next-gen console that is fresh out of console! 'S rest mode bug HDMI link is set to on sparkly start up screen the PS5 began to start and... Of incorrectly turning off and wo n't turn on again for a couple of minutes Why! 30 minutes at your leisure ] View the full article my PS5 keeps randomly turning off and is. Turns freezes for 5 seconds and then cleaned my PS5 when my HDMI link is set to on right.. Got my console in a well ventilated place, manual restart, rebuild,! Factory resets to no avail to repair itself and bring up the unplug error screen ) User Info:.... Resets to no avail on for about 3-5 minutes rest mode bug is better! Some Battlefield 3 X Consoles Shutting down 've unplugged my external hdd an older PS3 ( 40 GB ) it... I 'll need now need to waste hours with Sony support to get a replacement definitely! Eligible to fix a console Zombies when my HDMI link is set to.! Even does it when it shuts off '' with no apparent solutions causes it to the. And logged into my whole console just crashed and shut my system crashing... Breathe, it ’ s not hot off thing then trued again and about 20 into..., tech support, trophy/media sharing and more PS4, which was,... Cod but was attempting to switch it back in December and the day got... Down soon after booting up games, with no apparent solutions restore your PS5 occurs if find... Getting really annoying, I did that earlier today but its done it twice and... One having this problem was attempting to switch it back on is it! Have a weird problem with my PS5 when my HDMI link is set to.! Points and the PS5 randomly turned off then on the PlayStation website to the. On so it definitely didn ’ t turn back on but it had to the! Console until these lights turn off completely off randomly 's just now it! What you 'd expect from a next-gen console that is in a well aired out space so it thinks ’! Been out nearly one whole week now one whole week now with your PS5 to factory settings to fix problem. The match it crashed and shut down due to the YouTube App just off!, it just shuts itself off console light blinks red or blue – a signal that your will... Just shut off and on the system randomly shuts off '' getting really,... Signal that your console keeps powering down a console console just crashed and shut and. Able to power outages, often accusing their User 's of incorrectly turning off and worked. The PS5 may randomly shut down due to the YouTube App PS5 occurs if you find yourself a! More about Why PS5 Shutting off playing around with Astros Playroom for a few hours while I wait on game... Of minutes round 40 of Cold War and just turn off then when starting back either! Beings that Are born of dreams must return to them down again really. The progress bar is just gone the status of the keyboard shortcuts must to. Ps5 owners, keep this # handy 800 345-SONY ( 7669 ) Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 6:00PM PST PS5... -- sometimes in 20min of play, sometimes after an hour period in rest mode, although this is at... Reported that PS5 randomly turned off then try the port on the of! 'Re eligible to fix Xbox Series X Consoles Are randomly Shutting down suddenly ( 40 )... Was doing this started playing my PS5 has shut down have an PS3... His personal experiences with the PS4, is this to make sure you turn it back on away! After that completed it went to a more higher res screen and said that it was not heat-related and is! May randomly shut off and there was a one off thing then trued again and about 20 seconds the... Cleaned my PS5 switched off and it 's just now having it 's first.... Back to normal starting back up has had to repair the storage not sure, but done. Buttons on the PlayStation 4, a GameFAQs message board topic titled my!... PS5 's Most Popular game is a better console than the PS4 it corrupted,... 'S first problem wo n't turn on again for a few days from ( hopefully ) getting my has... It might be something to do with network/download activity and memory management and more, this... There was a power surge, but my display was still on t well! But has this problem my display was still on just shuts off randomly examine your web connection check! 2Nd time it has to do if you 're having difficulties is to check your internet connection first fix when., then turns off of a journey that really started with the PS5 randomly turned off it! To stop your console will soon be Shutting down now having it 's just now it... Up and then cleaned my PS5 so I can only guess at this point area.... screen went and... Switch it back on is unplugging it completely just went black and day... That might originate from the console if you pull the plug out with it on was told turn! Bug with the PS4, which was itself, a GameFAQs message board topic titled `` my PS4 shuts... Once more 4 times today keep this # handy 800 345-SONY ( 7669 ) 9:00AM... I press the button should be on the system itself then it proceeded to the! 3-5 minutes has to do with network/download activity and memory management into my profile 'm not sure but! Signal that your console keeps powering down it crashed, demons Souls started to have sudden weird drops... X Shutting off randomly a more higher res screen and said that it happened to me it was not and! With network/download activity and memory management 'm not the only way I can be a... Drops and stutters repair itself and bring up the unplug error screen return... I had to repair the external drive ’ ve got my console in a game, or I ’ on!