Download What’s in Cigarettes to read more about these chemicals.Poisons in tobacco smoke include:Carbon monoxideFatal in large doses, this poisonous gas is also found in car exhaust fumes. The government should have no authority when it comes to what's healthy or unhealthy. NOBODY MADE THEM SMOKE! Sadly, not everyone can get access to this type of treatment. Smoking only becomes so dangerous once you get addicted to it. Smoking is also a coping method not all people smoke merely to look cool or just for the fun of it. But in a place where they cannot conceivably control the smoke they are putting out from getting to others. If humans are not going to take it upon themselves to decline the use of these dangerous products, then a ban may need to be implemented. Also, the government spends thousands of dollars in curing people sick by smoking.Because of these reasons, I believe we should ban smoking. There are many toxins in cigarettes. Consumption drops thanks to the ban. Its not your problem. Alcohol kills how many people but they haven't taken away the flavored alcohol! Smoking is very harmful to others and an average of 400,000 people die of it a year. If you saw the ingredients in them you would change your mind about smoking cigarettes. Cigarettes should be banned, I think it's stupid if it wasn't! It's not about second hand smoking.. Whatever the cigarette smoke has can also be found on every highway or large busy street - minus the nicotine (which is not harmful to humans.. Actually it's pretty close to caffeine - and that we all enjoy). Just warn people that smoking a lot might lead to health problems and leave it at that. They end up on our beaches and in our oceans, Which releases toxic chemicals into our air and water. If smoking should be banned because it causes cancer or kills people, why arent fast food restaraunts banned. If people who say they should be banned actually paid attention or did research on what they were talking about then they would know this. smoking should be banned because it can cause cancer. It is already illegal to smoke basically anywhere so there is no global health concern. I'm not hurting anyone else and I make sure of that...But that's MY choice! . There are plenty of things that cause cancer. Tobacco smoke is made up of thousands of chemicals and many of them are very harmful. IT ruins peoples lives. I feel like I have to hide out like a common criminal just because I happen to enjoy smoking VERY much. Would you play Russian roulette – A deadly game of chance involving a revolver and a single bullet-- and then force others around you to participate? Why not? Heart disease, bronchitis and lung cancer have all been linked. Laws limiting or banning smoking in certain instances are not new: in the first decade of this century several states banned the sale of cigarettes outright, and Indiana banned even their possession. Many different methods have been proposed to steepen this downward slope, including increased taxation, bans on advertising, promotion of cessation, and expansion of smoke-free spaces. It takes the place of oxygen in your blood, starving your lungs, heart, and other organs of the oxygen they need to function properly.TarThis sticky brown substance coats your lungs like soot in a chimney. Smokers pay more taxes than anyone else in the country so there is no monetary concern. Second-hand Smoke Isn't as Harmful as Once Thought Instead, The public pool may post a lifeguard or require lifejackets. My grandfather died of lung cancer about 6 years back and it just causes a great sense of denial and emptiness if you lose someone close at the hands of nicotine. Most of the richer countries of the globe, however, are making progress in reducing both smoking rates and overall consumption. 50,000 people die from exposure to second hand smoke. This article is more than 9 years old Author Amy Raphael and Time Out writer (and smoker) Alexi Duggins debate … Tommy on November 07, 2018: Don't smoke EVER. . However, smoking does not only affect the smoker negatively. What you're proposing is just as ridiculous. Would it be reasonable to close the pool? It should be what is considered best for the majority of people’s welfare, which is for smoking to be banned. In short, smoking should be banned. People who don't bother others with their smoke should not be bothered or threatened. Com/essays/should-cigarette-smoking-be-banned/, Tend to cause various types of cancer. 50,000 people die from exposure to second hand smoke. If we banned these, Fewer people would die from cancer, And fewer teenagers would rely on smoking as a depression or anxiety coping mechanism. First, smoking develops cancer, and there is more than 4000 toxic chemicals inside a cigarette. 5) by banning smoking, Less people would get cancer and smoking related diseases, And less money will be spent treating them. Smoking should be banned! People who are addicted become incredibly irritable, depressed, and violent when they go a while without getting their smoke. There are so many people who are already addicted to smoking so banning it altogether would be a cruel thing to do to them. They are bad for the environment. Should smoking in cars be banned? Business owners who are not in favor of smoking bans as well as smokers who are used to smoking in public places such as restaurants and coffee shops argue that restricting s… It will only stop us from paying taxes on cigarettes. 2. Cigarettes are also horrible for the environment. They are bad for your colon, your heart, your lungs, and every other part of your body. Around 70 of them cause cancer. Most fundamentally, the debate about smoking bans should center on private property rights. Even though the FDA enforces rules for the cigarette companies to follow, such as putting images of the outcome of smoking, people still smoke and innocent bystanders are still harmed. The government should see this displeasure and act on it, despite smoker’s arguing that they have a right to smoke. Some critics see smoking bans as a violation on one’s personal liberty. You should be able to smoke a cigarette if you choose to, okay? It should be banned. ...ENN103F Cigarette Smoking Should Be Banned Introduction It has become fashionable in the world today to condemn smoking.Smoking should be banned because it destroys people’s health, finances and families.Smoking has been shown to be dangerous to health of the people. Selected outdoor smoking bans should also help to denormal ize smoking in outdoor areas (Thomson et al. Reduces the risk of passive smoking Insurance companies are in charge! In my opinion, i am agree to this because smoking doesn`t only kills you, but it kills non-smokers who inhaled the smoke. Why don't be ban everything that is a possible danger and threat to us, and that could potentially lead to death?Smoking is only harmful in excessive amounts. 1. Each year, an estimated 126 million Americans are regularly exposed to secondhand smoke and almost 50 thousand nonsmokers die from diseases. The community on this is so aids why is veryone somean tome just kys nerd s no one cares about smoking, The community is great I loved the krsipy jrme donuts ti waws jgreat tot be a here atr dsigtht so thaj k uyou ofor ecerything u have done for me and goodblye because you afrre goinhg to need toit to pkya thyer egame, Listen all mummy is yummy haha get it it rimes lol. It also has great negative effects on reproductive health, Causing infertility, Stillbirths, Low birth weight, And sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). You people make me so angry, stick to making your own choices instead of trying to lock people up for smoking a leaf! Cigarette smoking has led to increased health concerns even to the nonsmokers. So smoking should be banned for the safe of others’health. They see the hypocrisy of society saying it's so bad for you but at the same time allowing smokers to openly smoke in front of them and force non-smokers to breath the second hand smoke. Everyone knows how dangerous cigarettes can be, and yet, society still tolerates its use. Smoking harms the user, Harms the environment, Harms the user's family, Harms the people around the user in public places. In workplaces where smoking is banned, 18% of workers smoke daily and their averge consumption drops to 15.4 cigarettes per day. Relaxation is not worth lung deflation. 3) you are being selfish by smoking (2nd hand, 3rd hand smoker) 4) the money spent on making cigarettes could be used for something that actually is important. And for those people we ought not to ban smoking but rather to help fix their problems. Many people die from lung cancer and heart disease each year from smoking. Smoking should be banned because: 1. Debate: Should flavored tobacco be banned? I've quit smoking years ago and I have no problem with people smoking. It's simply ridiculous you can't even make an argument to ban smoking while alcohol (the most dangerous drug in the world) is still legal. Long-term smokers are at a higher risk of developing a range of potentially deadly diseases including:Cancer of the lungs, mouth, nose, throat, oesophagus, pancreas, kidney, liver, bladder, bowel, ovary, cervix, bone marrow, and stomach.Lung diseases such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) which includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema.Heart disease , heart attack and stroke.Poor blood circulation in feet and hands, which can lead to pain and, in severe cases, gangrene and amputation. Banning smoking would be an exercise in way too much government control. They can do whatever they choose to do. 8.6 million people are ill because of smoking or the smoke. Children will continue to take it up if they see that it is being done openly by adults and their peers. People around a smoker can also smoke by second hand smoking. They can affect businesses. Smoking is very harmful to others and an average of 400,000 people die of it a year. By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Tar and smoke irritate your lungs, increasing the amount of mucus in your chest and restricting your breathing. It was the smoker's choice to start smoking. Who pays for prison? Cigarette Smoking Should be banned in United States Cigarette Smoking should be banned in the United States because it causes significant health problems. Children exposed to secondhand smoke have increased risks of sudden infant death syndrome, middle ear infec… Kids who want to smoke don't care what flavor it is...They're going to try smoking because it happens! This means that governments should have a right to discourage smoking. Many would have to seek help and go to rehab. Honestly its just not your choice..Or your problem what people do to their bodies. COSTA on October 11, 2018: Cigarettes should be bannes because of pollution health and expenses. It's scary how people have nothing better to do but judge people 24/7 while trying to make them more like them or if that doesn't work - remove them from society. 1) in the long run, Smoking contributes to air pollution 2) it has absolutely no benefits 3) you are being selfish by smoking (2nd hand, 3rd hand smoker)4) the money spent on making cigarettes could be used for something that actually is important. Too much littering. A similar situation would be if a child drowned in a public pool. Someone said cigarettes must be banned because smoking kills people.. Well, so do guns and alcohol.. AND CARS! 1. This is why I think smoking should be illegal. You walk somewhere, cigarette on the floor. We could also have a "New Smokers Tax" that raises taxes on cigarettes sold to people who are becoming legal purchasers of the deadly product. Smoking, in the United States, is ruled entirely by individual state laws, as the United States Congress has not yet enacted any nationwide federal ban. Smoking gives many illnesses like breathing problems, bad heart conditions, oral cancer, high blood pressure and much more. That's not the point I wish to address, However. No one can stop them. Therefore smoking should be banned in all public places. Many governments have introduced smoking bans. They don’t. Most people also litter cigarettes which can cause more global warming and harm to the earth. So do doughnuts. In the recent years, the population of people who smoke in the US has significantly increased. Let me deal first with the positive side of smoking. They take away freedom from people. And we have also seen the ground littered with cigarette ends. Secondhand smoke affects others and pollutes the environment. Deaths from diabetes rival those from cancer so we should probably ban sugar while we're at it. The people that smoke also create jobs, and brings a huge profit to the government, which helps them build schools, hospitals, and public buildings. I will argue that it is not the government's place to decide whether smoking should or shouldn't be allowed, For it is up to the individual whether or not they should take the risk to smoke. Cigarette smoking should be banned. Once again, humans blame another factor for their own destruction. Arsenic is even included in the list of items that are included in a cigarette. It's MY body and I should have every right to smoke if I want to! About the lung cancer - the truth is that no doctor can tell whether it is caused by smoking or not. Smoking affects the health of the smokers besides controlling the addict’s habits and expenditures. I do not agree with children inhaling second hand smoke, but neither do I agree with world hunger and poverty. On the other end of the continuum are the people who think that smoking is an … Although they are not totally against banning smoking, they say that it should be a personal choice. They are bad for your colon, your heart, your lungs, and every other part of your body. Alcohol probably kills more than smoking but they won't try taking that away again! It also affects all the people around those who smoke because when people smoke in pubic the smoke travels everywhere through the air, and the negative effects of this smoke affects all living, breathing creatures. On the same note, the public health concern is on the rise due to cigarette smoking. First, smoking undoubtedly helps many people to relax. It should not be treated any differently just because its covered up with more pleasant aromas. I dont personally smoke but if I dont want to be around smoke or people that are smoking, I WALK AWAY. In order to support my argument I will give you a link to the article which proves my words http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/273/13/ 1047.short For some, it even improves concentration. Smoking is also stinky. The answer is no because the child entered at his/her own risk.