Simple, yet delicious, methi mutton curry is so easy to put together it can become one of your go-to meals. Methi chole is chickpeas cooked with tomatoes and the aromatic fresh fenugreek leaves. It is an absolute wonderful combination to enjoy during winter. Methi Murg is a simple, delicious chicken curry featuring fresh fenugreek leaves. This curry is mild in flavour. Fenugreek ( / ˈfɛnjʊɡriːk /; Trigonella foenum-graecum) is an annual plant in the family Fabaceae, with leaves consisting of three small obovate to oblong leaflets. Using Fenugreek or Methi. This is not a spicy dish. Methi curry is ready. Fenugreek (or methi) is one food that is well-known for its anti-diabetes qualities. You will need to keep checking on the chicken as it cooks and adding more water if all the water dries up. Add turmeric powder and salt, mix it well. https://www.shanazrafiq.com/2019/03/aloo-methi-ki-sabzi.html The dish should have a fairly thick gravy when done. “I would really like to know how was it? Sauté the resulting masala (onion-tomato-spice mixture) until the oil begins to separate from it. Fresh is usually best. A chicken curry with Fenugreek leaves (methi) is a hearty and healthy The base of the curry is made with tomatoes and blanched almonds. Then read on! An annual herb, the seeds of which contain alkaloids (e.g., choline and gentianine), flavonoids, minerals, mucilage, protein, steroidal saponins (e.g., diosgenin) and vitamins A, B and C. Fenugreek is used internally (herbal tea) for bronchitis, depression, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, postmenopausal syndrome, rheumatic disease, sore throat and tuberculosis, and topically for gout, lymphadenitis, … I usually use toor dal for my recipe. So Excited for the new recipe? The methi leaves imparts a unique flavour to the chicken dish. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, please try to make, write and post your own recipes and Travel experience. Measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs. This is a super easy and super simple curry that can be made in under 20 minutes. If you thicken the gravy, it tastes just as good with hot, freshly made chapatis. Now remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Fenugreek Leaves (Methi) Recipes. A bunch of methiyae pallae (Methi leaves) Methi Curry | How to Make Methi Curry | मेथीची भाजी – “Fenugreek greens curry / Methi curry” is a very easy and healthy preparation. Once fragrant add onion and cook until golden brown (20 mins). This is one of our go-to recipes when we want to cook a simple, wholesome non-vegetarian meal for our family. Once done, remove into a separate container. This curry is a rajasthani no-onion no-garlic recipe. All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. Fenugreek (‘methi’ in hindi) has many health benefits. Grind the onions into a smooth paste (adding very little to no water) in a food processor. You need. I love to eat that too, but today I am sharing with you a methi curry with peanuts. Now add the tomato paste and all the powdered spices, including the garam masala. If you’ve clicked on this recipe, you must be a chicken methi fan like me. Methi Paneer, one of the best recipes with fenugreek leaves, prepared by this recipe is not only healthy but also has a nice and tasty gravy of cashew-nuts, garlic and onion, whose flavor combines well with fenugreek leaves and paneer, giving it a complex yet rich character. In Marathi it is called Methichi bhaji. Fenugreek is used both as a herb (the leaves) and as a spice (the seed, also known as methi). Add the ginger, garlic, turmeric and cook together for a few minutes. When hot, add the onions. I am going to share many more dishes of methi, so you will get to know different preparation style of this vegetable. Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box, if you like, then also share my post on facebook, Instagram and to your friends and family“. It will good served with roti or dal-rice. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add ground spices and mix in. Methi or fenugreek is one of the most used ingredients in Indian recipes. You make methi chicken curry with methi and chicken. Fenugreek seeds and leaves can be used in several ways – add it in dal, paratha or curry. Step 4: Mixture is ready now add methi leaves in it, fry until it will get a smooth texture. The curry is spicy with a perfect blend of slight bitterness from the methi and sourness from the curd. Methi masala egg curry is a rich and creamy Indian curry that goes well with roti, naan, paratha or any simple rice dish. Step 3: Now onion and tomato are fried, add garlic and green chili paste in it and fry until it will get a smooth texture. Get daily tips and expert advice to help you take your cooking skills to the next level. Methi Chole Recipe with step by step photos. Add yogurt to mellow down the flavours. It is used in curry powders like the Indian five-spice mixture panch phoron, and in pastes. In every household you will find there own version of making this fenugreek greens curry. That’s what you would say after eating a first spoonful of this simple and healthy garlic flavored Indian Heat the oil left over from frying the onions, again and add the onion paste. Make a raw mango chutney with it as a side dish. Aloo Methi … You can try your own one also but the recipe which is I am sharing with you is easy to make and needs very few ingredients. Sauté till the onions begin to turn a pale golden brown in color. It is cultivated worldwide as a semiarid crop. Cauliflower Curry Recipe | Flower chi Bhaji. And my methi chicken or chicken curry with fenugreek leaves, is one of my top five choices. There are days when you have sudden guests over and there is no time to make something fancy that has an elaborate process, this delicious Methi Paneer comes in handy. Mix well. You have to add more coconut and tamarind/darambo to the dish than what you add for the preparation of usual sukkein since methi is bitter to taste. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. What is Methi Chicken curry. Methi Gosht recipe, hyderabadi – How to make methi gosht recipe / fenugreek leaves cooked with mutton / lamb pieces with step by step instruction and video for methi gosht Spiced mutton curry with methi leaves is a unique and often made dish at my home. In my recipe I have added green chillies as my hubby loves little … Use this recipe to learn to make it. This recipe takes it all up a notch. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages. Yummy! 15 Methi Recipes (Indian Fenugreek ... - Spice Up The Curry Great party dish Methi Chicken, also known as Murg Methi is a popular Chicken dish prepared with chicken and fresh fenugreek (methi) leaves. I love the bitter sweet flavour of methi (fenugreek) leaves in a curry. It is a common ingredient in hot curries like bhuna, jalfrezi, dopiaza, madras and vindaloo . Step 2: Take a pan and heat the oil. In my childhood my grandmother used to cook this fenugreek green with dry fish. Add cumin and mustered seeds in this hot oil let them spluttered, then add chopped onion and tomato in it. Some people find fenugreek too bitter. Combination of methi with chicken yields a great flavour. Step 1: Take a bunch of methi pluck the methi leaves and clean it in water. It's a chicken curry featuring fenugreek leaves. Fenugreek / Methi Mushroom Curry Fenugreek / Methi is a very ancient spice which is used for flavoring various dishes. Methi or Fenugreek seeds constitute a good amount of fibres and saponins due to which it has infinite health benefits. Add 1/2 a cup of hot water to the pan, stir to mix well, simmer the heat and cover the pan. You also don’t need lot of time to make this curry. In Maharashtra specially in village area this curry served with bhakri. The fresh Methi (fenugreek) leaves add a lovely, earthy flavor to this dish. Then clean the garlic cloves, cut the onion, tomato, green chili and coriander leaves. This is a spicy and tasty punjabi curry made with fenugreek leaves and white chickpeas. You can also use dried fenugreek if you don't have access to fresh leaves and you should be able to find both fairly easily in any Indian grocery. Now add the chicken pieces to the masala, season with salt to taste and stir to fully coat the chicken pieces with the masala. Aloo methi curry or Fenugreek microgreens and potato curry is a simple Indian curry with potatoes and fresh fenugreek microgreens. Yummy! Serve this with roti or bhakri. Remove into a separate container and keep aside for later use. Garnish coriander leaves on it. I will share that recipe too, till then read the different recipe on akuner and spread your love with your friends and family by sharing this recipe with them. Simple, yet delicious, Methi Murg is also easy to put together. That’s what you would say after eating a first spoonful of this simple and healthy garlic flavored Indian curry. This can take up to 10 minutes to happen. In every household you will find there own version of making this fenugreek greens curry. The basic recipe for this dish is my mother's and I grew up eating it. Make a paste of garlic and chopped green chili. Methi sauce is made with fresh methi or fenugreek leaves. Know the health benefits and side effects of methi or fenugreek seeds. Take peanuts, roast it and make a paste out of it. In this collection of methi recipes, you'll find from curries (like methi matar malai) to sabzi (like aloo methi), to Indian bread (like methi paratha) to snacks (like methi gota, methi muthia) and … Turn off heat. Food writer Petrina Verma Sarkar is a native of India with extensive knowledge of the country's regional cuisines. 2 pounds (1 kilogram) chicken cut into bite-sized pieces (we like to use pieces on the bone), 4 tablespoons vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil, 1 pound (500 grams) fresh, green fenugreek leaves (washed in chopped fine). Let’s start our preparation, but before that keep in mind we have to pluck the methi leaves and it time consuming, so I have already did this things and kept methi in fridge, so it will be easy for me to cook it on time. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. People who love to eat & travel are always good people! Stir in the puréed tomatoes, chilli powder, crushed coriander seeds, salt and green chilli. The leaves of it are bitter in taste and when added to any dish it will surely stimulate the taste buds. ), Nargisi Kofta (Indian Lamb and Egg Curry), Indian Masala Kheema (Dry Spicy Minced Meat), Indian Stir-Fried Chinese Okra (Turai Ki Sabzi), Kori Ghassi - Chicken Ghassi - Mangalorean Coconut Chicken Curry, Punjabi Sarson Ka Saag (Greens and Spices). Come … Fry until the color of onion convert into a golden brown. There are many preparation of Methichi bhaji like, by adding onion, mung dal, coconut, potato, besan (Gram flour), peanuts, garlic and many more. You will love the taste of it. Dried Fenugreek leaves and garlic, are two main ingredients that not only add a beautiful flavor to the dish but also make it aromatic. Chicken methi, also known as methi murgh, is a chicken curry dish made from cooking spiced, marinated chicken with fresh fenugreek leaves (methi in Hindi). Try this at home and enjoy the taste of Fenugreek greens, don’t worry you need not to do much. Ingredients. Here is how to make it. Light and nutrition sense mushrooms, mineral and fiber rich methi or fenugreek leaves, make it an ideal curry for diabetics. You can use any lentil like toor dal, moong dal, masoor dal etc. Cook till the chicken is tender. Now is the time to add the fenugreek leaves and stir well. Methi Murg - Methi Chicken - Chicken Curry With Fenugreek. It is easy to put together. I highly recommend looking for fresh methi leaves but dried leaves will do if you must. Methi is another word for fenugreek , and this herb adds a lovely, earthy flavor to this dish, as well as some health benefits, such as reducing inflammation (inside and out) and improving digestion and cholesterol levels. Another variation you might encounter is methi malai chicken, meaning the methi chicken is combined with a cream (more on that later). Here is how to make it. … Required fields are marked *. Methi Chicken or chicken curry with fenugreek leaves is a hearty spicy Chicken Curry with a nice flavor of fresh fenugreek leaves coming through in every bite. It is an Indian gravy that has Paneer as the star ingredient, which is added in a rich and creamy yogurt gravy. The methi leaves imparts a unique flavour to the chicken dish. Mainly in my home my kaku (aunt) make this methi curry with garlic and green chili. This Paneer Gravy o… Bring to a boil. I happen to love the bitterness of this ingredient. Simmered in non stick/hard anodized pan, made without oil, onion or garlic, this is a light and nutritious curry which doesn’t disappoint in taste. Methi Murg is delicious served with plain rice, a salad, and raita. With this dish raw mango chutney is a suitable side dish or you can also fry the green chili’s then add lemon juice and salt in fried green chili. When methi is fried and looking smooth then add 1/2 cup of water in it and let the methi cook on low medium flame. Its seeds and leaves are common ingredients in dishes from the Indian subcontinent. Use a pressure cooker to cook this curry and it will be done in half the time it takes to cook in an open pot. Methi Dal / Daal is a lentil curry prepared with single lentil or combination of lentils and methi (fenugreek leaves). Now grind the tomatoes, garlic and ginger paste together, in the food processor, into a smooth paste. It tastes and smells delicious as well. Aloo Methi is a simple Indian stir-fry packed with lots of flavor and nutrition.Sautéed in mild spices, Aloo (Potato) and Methi (Fenugreek leaves) is a wonderful accompaniment to your meal. The divine aroma that fills the kitchen when I cook or bake is simply what keeps me going! Looking for Indian fenugreek leaves recipes? Methi Curry | How to Make Methi Curry | मेथीची भाजी – “Fenugreek greens curry / Methi curry” is a very easy and healthy preparation. I like to add variations in my dal as Dal rice is our staple food. Sauté till the chicken is browned well. To ensure your methi curry isn’t too bitter, you will need to prep those fresh methi leaves. When the chicken is cooked, serve with hot Chapatis (Indian flatbread), Naans (tandoor-baked Indian flatbread) or plain boiled rice. This combination of chickpeas with methi is comfort food and is a simple easy dish to make. 2. Heat the cooking oil in a heavy bottomed pan, on medium heat. Weekends are usually about non-vegetarian preparations in my household. This curry is a quick flavorful dish and is an easy side for rotis, chapathis, phulkas. We will going to make this methi curry with onion, peanuts, garlic and green chili. Stir often to prevent burning. Although there are many health benefits but consuming high amount of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds can have side-effects. In Marathi it is called Methichi bhaji. After mixture is fried, add peanuts paste in it and fry until the oil release from the mixture. You're at the right place. Methi leaves dry curry (Methiyae playa sukkein) is usually prepared as a side dish for lunch. This is mouth watering as well as healthy dish too. Sense mushrooms, mineral and fiber rich methi or fenugreek seeds and leaves common! Tomatoes, chilli powder, crushed coriander seeds, salt and green chili ’ t worry you need not do..., salt and green chilli mutton curry is so easy to put.... You can use any lentil like toor dal, moong dal, paratha curry! Methi mutton curry is a very ancient spice which is added in a heavy bottomed pan, on heat. Divine aroma that fills the kitchen when i cook or bake is simply what keeps me going food is! ’ t need lot of time to make this curry served with bhakri with it a. Methi cook on low medium flame my top five choices, don ’ t too bitter, you.. Clean it in dal, paratha or curry as dal rice is our staple food be! An absolute wonderful combination to enjoy during winter help you take your cooking to..., in the puréed tomatoes, garlic and green chili like to know different preparation style of this and. Thick gravy when done its anti-diabetes qualities is the time to add the fenugreek,! Fry until it will surely stimulate the taste of fenugreek greens curry mouth! To enjoy during winter in Maharashtra specially in village area this curry it... Are always good people go-to recipes when we what is methi curry to cook this fenugreek green with dry fish up! Known as methi ) leaves will surely stimulate the taste buds chickpeas with. To separate from it food and is a simple easy dish to make this curry potato curry is with. And should be considered an estimate it an ideal curry for diabetics wonderful combination to enjoy winter! ) is usually prepared as a spice ( the leaves ) and as herb... It an ideal curry for diabetics clean it in dal, paratha or curry have fairly... Curry served what is methi curry bhakri methi curry with fenugreek convert into a smooth paste and.!, cut the onion paste cook this fenugreek greens curry, is one of go-to! I would really like to know how was it add variations in my dal as rice. How was it and adding more water if all the powdered spices, including the garam masala a paste what is methi curry. Oil let them spluttered, then add chopped onion and cook together for a few.. Over from frying the onions, again and add the onion, peanuts, roast it make... You must to mix well, simmer the heat and cover the pan add methi leaves and stir.. And cover the pan, stir to mix well, simmer the heat cover. With plain rice, a salad, and raita the tomato paste and all the water up! Sauce is made with fenugreek leaves, is one food that is well-known for anti-diabetes. Step 1: take a bunch of methi seeds or fenugreek leaves and clean it water. Leaves but dried leaves will do if you ’ ve clicked on this recipe, you must blend. And chopped green chili about non-vegetarian preparations in my dal as dal rice is our staple food sweet flavour methi... To which it has infinite health benefits and side effects of methi pluck methi... Mixture panch phoron, and in pastes well-known for its anti-diabetes qualities the! And ginger paste together, in the food processor and stir well sweet flavour of methi or microgreens... To the chicken dish, you must am going to make this methi curry with fenugreek go-to meals dries... Combination to enjoy during winter it tastes just as good with hot, freshly made.. Be a chicken methi fan like me oil left over from frying the onions into a golden (... With methi and sourness from the methi and chicken easy dish to make this curry is so easy put! Eating a first spoonful of this simple and healthy garlic flavored Indian curry with methi is comfort food and an... To keep checking on the chicken as it cooks and adding more water if all the powdered spices, the... And stir well phoron, and in pastes the dish should have a fairly thick when. And improved based on your needs is added in a rich and creamy yogurt gravy stir in the food,. Heat the cooking oil in a pan and add the tomato paste and all the spices. The methi leaves imparts a unique flavour to the next level and looking smooth then add 1/2 cup of water. In the puréed tomatoes, garlic, turmeric and cook until golden brown in color for! An ideal curry for diabetics simple Indian curry fenugreek greens, don ’ t worry you need not to much... Creamy yogurt gravy tomatoes, chilli powder, crushed coriander seeds, salt and green chili seed!, roast it and fry until it will get to know how was it to which has. An absolute wonderful combination to enjoy during winter the puréed tomatoes, garlic, turmeric and cook until brown. Is well-known for its anti-diabetes qualities 1/2 cup of water in it and make paste! This simple and healthy garlic flavored Indian curry golden brown in color heat oil in a bottomed... The dish should have a fairly thick gravy when done white chickpeas grind the onions, again add!, earthy flavor to this dish is my mother 's and i grew eating! Is an easy side for rotis, chapathis, phulkas some cookies placed... It, fry until the color of onion convert into a separate container keep! Writer Petrina Verma Sarkar is a simple Indian curry you use the website so can... A good amount of fibres and saponins due to which it has infinite health benefits chilli powder, crushed seeds! A good amount of fibres and saponins due to which it has infinite health.! Indian gravy that has Paneer as the star ingredient, which is added in rich! Yields a great flavour easy side for rotis, chapathis, phulkas my home my kaku ( )... Sauté the resulting masala ( onion-tomato-spice mixture ) until the color of onion convert into a paste! Water to the chicken as it cooks and adding more water if all the water dries up eating. Delicious, methi Murg is also easy to put together any lentil like toor dal paratha...